I haven't, but I'd love to! :icon_pirat:

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I work in Huntsville I haven't hunted around there to speak of. I hunt mostly around Hartselle in Morgan County except when I'm with Nana, Tim, George and the rest in Cullman/Blount Counties. But none of these places are beyond driving distance. Keep tabs on this board and we'll all get together. :)

Kent

OP
OP
stonewallsmen

stonewallsmen

Feb 18, 2011
Fort Bragg
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds good. I live in Chattanooga at the moment, but my wife and I are from Huntsville. We are there all the time. I am just looking to get out in a few different areas in the next few months before the Army sends me off somewhere else.

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking forward to hunting with you and thanks for your service! :hello2:

Kent

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, THANK YOU for your service. :)

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
I know of some places to detect in the Huntsville area. I currently live in Tennessee but have not detected at all since early 2010 and am iching to get out. let me know.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jonathan, been wondering what happened to you, glad to see your still around. If anyone has a place to hunt let us know and if we have to we'll car pool to get there.

Tim

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
I've been out of the loop for a almost a year. Between getting my shop up and going to remodeling our house time to detect has been limited.
I have permission to hunt a lot that joins an old college near Columbia, TN if you want to bring a few friends with you. I am limited to mainly weekends but I think we can work something out to benefit everyone.

Jonathan

OP
OP
stonewallsmen

stonewallsmen

Feb 18, 2011
Fort Bragg
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a question. How do you go about finding who owns land there? I'm good at finding it out in Hamilton County TN but Alabama not so much. I just got a really useful book that talks about tons of Union camps between Stevenson and Decatur and I have ideas where some might be but need to see about getting permission.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Madison County has a great web site to seach for owners. Just click on the 'search online maps'. It will ask you to accept the fact that the maps blah blah blah...just click 'OK'. Then zoom in to where you think you need to be.(takes a few seconds for the map to load) At the top right click on the green ball with the arrow in it. Then use the arrow to choose what area you want the info on. You can pick any or all info you want.
I haven't looked at any of the other counties, but I assume they all have a site somewhat similar.

http://madisoncountyal.gov/maps/

Good luck. :)
Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread