Anyone in Huntsville/Madison north Alabama area?

PlaneCrazy

Greenie
Nov 26, 2012
Madison, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
If you are still looking for someone to hunt with I am interested. I live in Spring Hill, TN but am originally from North Alabama and know several good spots to hunt. I don't get out as much as i'd like to but plan on getting out a little soon. Let me know if you are interested, and I understand hunting alone is no fun and to be honest sometimes it's dangerous. Let me know.....

nova3930

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fischer F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in HSV and just getting (back) into the hobby. Wife gave me a Fischer F2 for Christmas but I had some unknown brand MD when I was 13 or 14.

My wife and I have 16 acres of land near Decatur that's been a working plantation/farm since about 1812 that I'm planning on hunting. May be too much junk but I'm going to try....

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
Sounds like a good spot Nova3930, if you ever need someone to help you detect it let me know. I don't get to hunt as much as I once did but could maybe find a day.

stonewallsmen

Feb 18, 2011
Fort Bragg
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm from Huntsville but just visiting family for a couple more days. Best of luck to you. My 5 year old got her first detector for Christmas. I'm going to try to find us a place to go tomorrow since the weather will be a little better.

nova3930

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fischer F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good spot Nova3930, if you ever need someone to help you detect it let me know. I don't get to hunt as much as I once did but could maybe find a day.

Once spring starts to show up I'm open to anybody that wants to come help. Some advice from the more experienced can't hurt for sure. I played around with my F2 a bit last week but it was just too blasted cold that day. Insulated coveralls on and I was freezing my tail off.

Our land is actually part of a 31 acre plat that we split with some friends. There are two barns (a hay barn and horse stable) split between our 15.75 and our friends that based on USGS topo maps, date between 1936 and 1950. I can't imagine someone hasn't dropped something interesting between then and now.

The only knot in this is that when we bought the place, the previous owner was letting homeless guy (known as "country" of all things) live in the horse stable (no power and only a hose for water) for feeding the owner's horses. "Country" was very fond of his beer (saw him with a cracked beer at 8AM once) so I know at a minimum the place is littered with his pull tabs and bottle caps not to mention whatever other farm garbage is there.

It may not be possible to separate the wheat from the chaff but I'd like to try...

nova3930

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fischer F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to hunt the neighbors hill to the west of my property. That hill was where the overseers house was along with the blacksmith shop and slave quarters. After the Civil War it was where the share croppers were located up until the late 40s...

poboy

Jan 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planecrazy, I am in the same boat as you. I would like to get together and find some places to try my luck. I am still a newbie at this but willing to learn. I live out in Toney but I work in Research Park so I am in Huntsville/Madison pretty much everyday.

N.AlaDave

Aug 24, 2011
Hartselle, AL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Whites MXT
Planecrazy, I live in Hartselle if you are still looking for someone to hunt with. Have a whites and Tesoro along with pinpointer. I tried getting my wife to go out with me but she isn't very interested. Let me know if you want to go hunt.

Nancyvreuls

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N.AlaDave said:
Planecrazy, I live in Hartselle if you are still looking for someone to hunt with. Have a whites and Tesoro along with pinpointer. I tried getting my wife to go out with me but she isn't very interested. Let me know if you want to go hunt.

I just got my first metal detector. I live in Huntsville, and was wondering if there were other hunters in the area. I was thinking about starting a meetup group. Do you know other hunters? Thanks! Nancy

Nancyvreuls

Tenderfoot
Feb 3, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nova3930 said:
Got permission to hunt the neighbors hill to the west of my property. That hill was where the overseers house was along with the blacksmith shop and slave quarters. After the Civil War it was where the share croppers were located up until the late 40s...

Did you ever go out and search the property? I want to start treasure hunting, but don't know any places to go!

nova3930

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fischer F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever go out and search the property? I want to start treasure hunting, but don't know any places to go!

Nah, been too busy. More focused on clearing the place so I can build a house on it. Probably get more serious about it March/April time frame.

poboy

Jan 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, looks like there are a few of us in the Huntsville area that check in here every so often. I am up in the Harvest/Toney area myself and would like to get together with some other MD'ers in the area and try one of the local parks or something. Anyone up for a meet and greet and dig?

mawoniyi

Mar 27, 2013
I'm in Huntsville and I swing the white's DFX. I have a few spots and parks in Decatur as well as some secret spots where I found several 19th century relics. Anyone interested in detecting pm me or email [email protected]

Yetiman 7

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2015
Madison, Al
Detector(s) used
Whites quantum 2, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to the Madison, Al area about 5 months ago. I love to metal detect and would like to begin detecting here as well. I do not know any good spots here and I really don't like to go detecting by myself anymore (bad experience). If anyone knows anybody that would like a partner just give me a shout.

Alabama Jack

Sep 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also in Madison, and just recently got the MD bug. Mostly hunting with my 6 year old, but would love to tag along with someone to learn a bit more.

Boingo

Jun 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to Decatur AL, and would like to get involved. Please Email me - [email protected], I have some history and would love to share and participate.
-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread