Valhermoso Springs hotel destroyed by tornado in 1950 in Morgan County, AL

tammy261

Feb 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone i have a question ...i have mine lab ctx 3030 and my husband cousin has a metal detector as well....she live very close to Valhermoso Springs hotel that was destroy by 1950 tornado ....i am wondering if anyone ever explore area with their metal detector......we love to go there and just check it out ...she live about 6 min away from it ....she told me people stop there all the time and explore the area by walking into area where the hotel was.....so it sound fun and interesting to us.....so has anyone went to check it out and did anyone found anything as well......

crb316

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2012
Wetumpka, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro , Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That sounds interesting! I would love to do a weekend hunting trip up there sometime.

04E46

Greenie
Jan 4, 2017
Harvest
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett pinpointer, 4", 10", 14" coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We go detecting there a lot. It's fairly picked over. Located original area of the hotel found pieces to the wood stove and door plates from the cabins there. They must be older since they still have the skeleton key locks on them. Seems people detect there a lot the were holes dug everywhere, sad they didn't fill them back in. Lots of trash, but still things to be found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread