New Club coming to Mobile Area

deagleye

Feb 26, 2008
South Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hello everyone,

Me and a friend has been trying to find out about the old metal detecting club in town. We have not had any response from their emails and forums. We believe they are no longer around. So, we are looking at creating our own family and friend detecting club. If anyone is interested please drop a line to me and I will keep you updated on what we are planning and trying to do. Thank you and good luck to all my fellow detectors.

Dennis

OP
OP
deagleye

deagleye

Feb 26, 2008
South Alabama
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Hey

Thanks for the feedback. I am sorry it has been awhile for posting. Our family has had some medical emergincies and almost lost a family member. Everyone is better now. I have begin to try to work on the club.
I believe the name of the club is going to SOUTHERN FRIENDS RESEARCH & RECOVERY TEAM. Hopefully in the next month or two we will be able to get this up and running and have our first club meeting. Thank you again for the interest and tell all of your friends. I will be back in touch.

Dennis

redbronco

Mar 28, 2008
South Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dennis, we are looking at starting a club in South Mississippi at this time too. If we both can get up and running, we would like to keep in touch and maybe team up on some projects. We are to have a meeting next week to see if we can make this thing fly. Hope your group will have success and we look forward to talking to you again.

BamaGirl

Jun 17, 2008
Hey Dennis,
I am also new to the metal detecting and treasure hunting. I have tried to get in touch with the Research group too. i even went as far as going to the Golden Corral but no one new anything about it. The last post I saw was back in 2005.
Right now the research I am looking into is a story about a jewled cross being thrown down a well some where in Bayou La Batre. I keep running into dead ends but maybe something will pan out.
Keep me in touch about the club, I would be interested in joining.

BamaGirl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread