New to MDing in Arkansas

quaydj

Dec 18, 2007
Cabot, Arkansas
Hello,
I'm new to MDing and was wondering if there was anyone who would be willing to show this greenhorn the rope of this interesting hobby. My wife bought me a detector (Radio Shack, guess it's an OK starter from what I've seen on posts here at TN) several years ago and have been in the back yard a couple of times messing around and trying to figure out the tones and limited settings. I'm in Cabot, AR and would only be able to get out 1-2 times a month. I have seen posts in this site of needing permission vs not needing permission to metal detect. Also I'm not sure where to even begin.
Any responses would be appreciated.

Dennis

OP
OP
quaydj

quaydj

Dec 18, 2007
Cabot, Arkansas
I just may take you up on it. Maybe after the new year and thank you for the invite.
Until then any suggestions or ideas? Places to go near me.

Cindelicious

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2008
Arkansas
I was supposed to go to Cabot today, although I don't live there. We all have the "bug" that is going around so I didn't venture that far from home.
I have permission to go to a friend's (of my husband) land. I don't know if there is much there but it will give me something. :)

I don't have a clue what I am doing so I couldn't teach anything............

OP
OP
quaydj

quaydj

Dec 18, 2007
Cabot, Arkansas
Cindelicious,

If you get this way and want some company on a relic hunt just email me. It would be fun to see what two newbees could dig up or mess-up (LOL).

Dennis

cromeboat

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2008
Heber Springs AR
Detector(s) used
XLT,bounty hunter 202,and commando,white XLT
does anybody know about going to the sandy beaches if you have to ask the gate or are their times when you can or not let me know if you are going to be around the Heber Springs but I just started with a cheap MD

OP
OP
quaydj

quaydj

Dec 18, 2007
Cabot, Arkansas
cromeboat - not sure if you ask at the gate or not. I would call the park staff via phone call or email and inquire. I would like to know the response. May be a good place.

ark turtle

Nov 2, 2007

WyDiablo

Greenie
Aug 23, 2004
Hello guys, Come out to our club meetings and if you are interested you can join our metal detecting club. Its "Free" to join and then just made the regular monthly meetings. Our club is starting to grow right now and as the saying goes "The more ther merrier". Seeya at the next club meeting.

ATHC meeting Jan. 9th at 10:00 a.m. Ward, Arkansas at the city hall.

Club website: http://www.freewebs.com/arkansastreasurehunters/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions