mining&more%20_tn.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,890

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Do you have enough heart to hunt over near the train tracks in Mecca?

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mortamus, I recently read some history on the Holcomb Valley in Big Bear. It seem like alot of boom and bust with an emphasis on bust. I've sluiced the Van Dusen Cyn Rd area and did find fine-gold in the creek bed (lots of black sand). There is GPAA claim on Gold Mtn. that apparently is good area for dry sluicing.

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's not to hot up in Big Bear at the moment, if you still want to go hunting around the old saloons and maybe even a brothel or 2 PM me. I've done alot of research on the area, so maybe 2 heads are better than 1.

Gnelson

Tenderfoot
Jun 7, 2012
Laquinta CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD 2200, Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello Ant, i was reading your post and i am in the Coachella Valley,Laquinta specifically,tell me about the train tracks in Mecca? Gary

odm

Nov 28, 2012
Indio
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a ton of places to look but sometimes feel better if I am with someone in the middle of nowhere.

Contact me
:coffee2:

[email protected]

Out of work and moved to Indio from Orange County. I look around at all the hills and washes but I feel like any place I go there is some way to get busted for nothing. I just want to metal detect some areas in Palm Desert off the 74 or the hills below Joshua Tree off of Dillon. I am sure I cant do any prospecting in Joshua Tree. Do I need to go to the BLM office in Palm Springs and get a map or talk to someone there?
I have a dry washer, a 3 ft. sluice and a metal det.
I would like to stay local for now.
Any ideas let me know. THANKS

FCSFCS

Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of work and moved to Indio from Orange County. I look around at all the hills and washes but I feel like any place I go there is some way to get busted for nothing. I just want to metal detect some areas in Palm Desert off the 74 or the hills below Joshua Tree off of Dillon. I am sure I cant do any prospecting in Joshua Tree. Do I need to go to the BLM office in Palm Springs and get a map or talk to someone there?
I have a dry washer, a 3 ft. sluice and a metal det.
I would like to stay local for now.
Any ideas let me know. THANKS

Did you ever find any places to search? I'm from Cat. City and have done some MDing at a few parks in PS, but haven't found much. Curious about MDing at the Salton Sea though.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Did you ever find any places to search? I'm from Cat. City and have done some MDing at a few parks in PS, but haven't found much. Curious about MDing at the Salton Sea though.

I've metal detected locations around the Salton Sea. Well, close by anyhow: Brawley, westmorland, El Centro, etc... Gotten silver, wheaties, an IH or two, etc... in the parks of Brawley and El Centro.

Gravelgrazer

Apr 23, 2012
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi
I recently moved to Indio where my parents live. My father has a Whites MXT300, I myself am a rockhounder. We are both very interested in getting out while the weather is nice (coming from Oregon, I haven't experienced the low desert heat yet, lol). I looked online for a local rock and gem club and looks like there is one in Cathedral City that meets the first Friday every month. We hiked around Box Canyon and recently went out to the Hauser Geode Beds. Any info on the Bradshaw Trail and the tracks in Mecca would be great! Thanks

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
I recently moved to Indio where my parents live. My father has a Whites MXT300, I myself am a rockhounder. We are both very interested in getting out while the weather is nice (coming from Oregon, I haven't experienced the low desert heat yet, lol). I looked online for a local rock and gem club and looks like there is one in Cathedral City that meets the first Friday every month. We hiked around Box Canyon and recently went out to the Hauser Geode Beds. Any info on the Bradshaw Trail and the tracks in Mecca would be great! Thanks
Hey
Welcome to the Coachella Valley where it isn't hot just yet ..just wait....
The parks in Palm Desert by the way....Do Not Allow digging but do allow metal detecting lol yes you heard that right.....
Have you asked city hall down in Indio ?

Gravelgrazer

Apr 23, 2012
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Mortamus! Ya, I've only been here 2 weeks and the weather has been great. I'll go down to city hall later this week. 8-)

under3y

Feb 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Im new to the forum and I live in Mecca. I just received my metal detector today. Anyone with experience that can point me to the right direction? Have any of you found something interesting?

under3y

Feb 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, Im new to the forum and I live in Mecca. I just received my metal detector today. Anyone with experience that can point me to the right direction? Have any of you found something interesting?

Easy E

May 16, 2016
Palm Desert, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm expecting my Gold Bug Pro to arrive in a couple of days, and I plan to get my feet wet somewhere along I-10, between Indio and Chiriaco Summit.
Anyone interested in this area. I know its not wise to go alone, but that's the plan if nobody comes along.

Backacrerick

Aug 7, 2021
Palm Springs Calif and Nebraska
Detector(s) used
AT MAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
looking for places and people to metal detect in Coachella Valley

I spend winters (mid December until March 31) in Palm Springs. I'd like to find some parks, ghost towns, etc. to do some metal detecting. Anybody interested in checking out the Bombay Beach area on the east side of the Salton Sea after Dec 5? Any ideas about places to detect coins, relics, jewelry and other items in the Coachella Valley (parks or rural areas)? My detector is a Garrett AT Max.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions