anybody in rancho cordova

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm not in Sac/Rancho Cordova area, but like to hunt there when I've got other business in that area. Lots of old parks (although they've been hammered to death, still produce if you can get deep). And sometimes I've run into downtown building demo'd lots that've produced oldies. I'll be up there sometime in Dec. for some company business I have. If you know of any spots brimming with seateds or barbers, let me know :headbang:

El Dorado

Greenie
Jun 30, 2009
Hi
I live in El Dorado Hills and detect mostly for gold. I am retired and have a Whites GMT. Give me a call if you want to do some detecting. 916 358-5111
Cliff R.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
El Dorado said:
Hi
I live in El Dorado Hills and detect mostly for gold. I am retired and have a Whites GMT. Give me a call if you want to do some detecting. 916 358-5111
Cliff R.

Hey cliff. I live in rancho I'm looking to go out and do some prospecting around here and up in the hills. 916 749 6241 if your interested. I'm purchasing a Garrett Scorpion metal detector here in next couple of day but I'm eager to go out!!let me know if your interested thanks Matt.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
firetab said:
got some free time!!!! :-X :-\
metal detect 2 times out of the week
and see what we can find in sacramento :thumbsup:

"fire tab" I live in rancho and looking to go out an prospect the area I'm a member of the GPAA an have access to the claims and maps to prospect. I'm waiting to get my metal detector here in few days. If your still interested in going out let me kno. Thxs

Gold!

Jan 20, 2013
In Roseville and looking to get out and metal detect and also head up to the hills for prospecting.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold! said:
In Roseville and looking to get out and metal detect and also head up to the hills for prospecting.

Hell I go with you!! I'm looking to do the same I'm in Rancho but I've got some leads I'd like to try. Lmk if your interested in going?!?

Gold!

Jan 20, 2013
Sounds good, planning to head up when the weather is just a little more stable, I really enjoy finding treasures of all types, metal detecting and all forms of gold prospecting. How about yourself? I am new the game but a very quick learner.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold! said:
Sounds good, planning to head up when the weather is just a little more stable, I really enjoy finding treasures of all types, metal detecting and all forms of gold prospecting. How about yourself? I am new the game but a very quick learner.

Same here but I like the adventure and the challenge of the find!! I was thinking the same when the weather gets alittle more warmer. I have a whites mxt detector just got it and learning how to use it. How about you?? I've collected some maps and charted sum places to go out and hunt around. There's a local metal detecting club in Sacramento called " Sacramento valley detecting buffs" I've emailed them but yet to hear anything back. They have meetings on Thursday at the old smud building Haven't gone yet but going to try and get out there one of these days. Lets get together and head out and find sum thing interesting!!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
mjarvis and gold!, welcome aboard guys, and good luck in your hunts. A lot of Sacramento area hunters, starting back in the 1980s, got out of coins/relics, and totally absorbed in the nuggets. As those were the years when specialty detectors and electronics were getting sensitive enough to chase nuggets in their natural state (which, as you know, are often BB sized, etc....). But there's still parks and old-town demolitions, etc... that pork out coins for coin-hunters too. So good luck.

Oh, and the rules here are quite simple. My rates are quite reasonable: You pay me 50% of all your finds, and you guys can detect to your heart's content! (I take paypal).

Gold!

Jan 20, 2013
Tom_in_CA said:
mjarvis and gold!, welcome aboard guys, and good luck in your hunts. A lot of Sacramento area hunters, starting back in the 1980s, got out of coins/relics, and totally absorbed in the nuggets. As those were the years when specialty detectors and electronics were getting sensitive enough to chase nuggets in their natural state (which, as you know, are often BB sized, etc....). But there's still parks and old-town demolitions, etc... that pork out coins for coin-hunters too. So good luck.

Oh, and the rules here are quite simple. My rates are quite reasonable: You pay me 50% of all your finds, and you guys can detect to your heart's content! (I take paypal).

Sounds good, the check is in the mail lol!

Gold!

Jan 20, 2013
mjarvis said:
Same here but I like the adventure and the challenge of the find!! I was thinking the same when the weather gets alittle more warmer. I have a whites mxt detector just got it and learning how to use it. How about you?? I've collected some maps and charted sum places to go out and hunt around. There's a local metal detecting club in Sacramento called " Sacramento valley detecting buffs" I've emailed them but yet to hear anything back. They have meetings on Thursday at the old smud building Haven't gone yet but going to try and get out there one of these days. Lets get together and head out and find sum thing interesting!!!

Sounds good, I'm a bit under the weather but detecting and gold prospecting sounds pretty cool when the weather is a bit more favorable.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold! said:
Sounds good, I'm a bit under the weather but detecting and gold prospecting sounds pretty cool when the weather is a bit more favorable.

Well get healthy and let's go out and find something in the near future. I've been out with my mxt and found a few things but I'm still learning the sounds and getting a feel of the detector. Sounds good look forward to it!!

unbrokendreamz

Greenie
Aug 31, 2013
Carmichael CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i'm in carmichael, not too far from rancho. i dont have a detector yet but i been on a few gold panning adventures and have been looking for a couple buddies to go with on sundays. im in the process of trying to get a metal detector. there is so many, not sure what to get lol.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i'm in carmichael, not too far from rancho. i dont have a detector yet but i been on a few gold panning adventures and have been looking for a couple buddies to go with on sundays. im in the process of trying to get a metal detector. there is so many, not sure what to get lol.

Well there's a lot of detectors out there and it depends on really what you want to look for with it and your budget. Have to do alittle research on them, call a few shops most of them are happy to tell you about them and even let you rent them for the day to see if you like it. I know bay savers does it, they are located at Madison ave and Kenneth I believe. I have the MXT and I really like it does a lot, but again know your budget.

BritinCA

Mar 4, 2013
Cameron Park
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
AT Pro
MXT Pro
Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, well I am in shingle springs/Cameron park so we should try and get a date when we could arrange a hunt .... Sean.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

mmbrown2000

Nov 22, 2013
Carmichael, CA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. I'm not in Rancho either, but very close in Carmichael too. Have a detector but no car for about 2 more months. After that I wouldn't mind meeting people and going out detecting.

Foot hill

Aug 26, 2013
Ca foot hills. (Central ca.)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus and tesoro compadre minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I work in rancho a few days a week. (Live near Lodi area) I've been bringing my gear with me looking for good areas to go. Haven't found anything worth stoping for. Really helps to know the area thinking about changing my routes to locate older parks or schools. Unless anyone has ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread