crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I'm back in California again after a 14 year absence. I lived here off and on from the 70's and 80's and nintys. I retired from the Marines and do base hunts when I can. I moved back to Ohio thinking things would be better but had enough of the endless cold winters. I'm glad to be back home....again. If you may be interested sometimes in the future shoot me a pm. I am retired with ID card and my car is registered on base. I know where there is endless places to hunt. And no, you won't get into trouble. Ron.

S

stefen

Welcome home to California from a former Buckeye...

Unfortunately I'm located about 70 or so mile north of your location part of the year and 800 miles the other half.

Hope you're getting settled in...Oceanside is a fantastic area for bananas-belt weather

jacawla

Feb 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazyjarhead said:
Hello all, I'm back in California again after a 14 year absence. I lived here off and on from the 70's and 80's and nintys. I retired from the Marines and do base hunts when I can. I moved back to Ohio thinking things would be better but had enough of the endless cold winters. I'm glad to be back home....again. If you may be interested sometimes in the future shoot me a pm. I am retired with ID card and my car is registered on base. I know where there is endless places to hunt. And no, you won't get into trouble. Ron.

I'm looking for some place to metal detect around Los Angeles...I'm new to detecting...any suggestions?
Thanks
Jamie

S

stefen

Try the beaches...Santa Monica would be a good start...then Long Beach...

The sand areas next to the parking lots are good spots...people drag their stuff to these edges when loading their cars...a lot of stuff is lost here...wallets, change, watches....and the proverbial car key

Daltontribe

Greenie
Mar 27, 2012
Southwest Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and Xterra 705, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I'm also served in the Marines and moved back to California recently. I live in North San Diego County and metal detect around Oceanside and sometimes the desert. So I'd be interested in metal detecting if the offer still stands.

Daniel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread