san diego

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
Maybe, as I'm in Sandy Eggo, also. But I'm not only looking for fellow hunters, but new friends also. What drives you?

chaos11624

Sep 16, 2003
i'm in san diego too , i only detected for a bit but trying to get back into it
i have some good leads for stuff that is more inland , i too am looking for buddies to hunt
some of these prospects i have. ive done some extensive research and have about 3 or 4 good leads
hit me up on here or at [email protected] if you are interested in hunting something other than the beach

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I saw my first metal detector at Horton Elementary School, back in 1962. I hunt inland too, and I know more that a few spots, anyone remember Frontier?

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in El Cajon, interested in new places :occasion14:

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for a prospecting buddy in San Diego.... I live in east county (Bostonia) I am looking to pan/ sluice for gold as that's what experience I have, but more than willing to learn desert prospecting/ dry washing. I have been in SD off and on for years, but the passion for the chase of gold has just recently been reborn in me... Anyone looking to split gas/ take turns shoveling?

dragonfly

Aug 15, 2012
I am in El Cajon, I have been slowly going thru Laguna Mtn area , and now scouting out Deer Park Rd. in Noble Cyn. Pulled knee muscle from last trip, so about another week and I will be heading back out there with detector and to take gravel samples. Any locals more than welcome to join me. Beautiful area as well, flat road gated. So I park there and hike in. Several documented mines in that area. But family man, so no interest in going into them. A lot of quartz in the area, and I suspect leftover gold that miners did not have the desire to bother with.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dragonfly, I was in that area last weekend, but mostly just driving/looking around. Had never been in the area. I was looking for water in any of those creeks, but no such luck. It is a beautiful area for sure.

dragonfly

Aug 15, 2012
I have to pick up a mountain bike now, because I can ride the flat road for about a mile before it ends. I have been on the lookout for Mountain Lions there because it looks like a great place for them. I have run into some nice horse ranch owners riding the dirt road. Great area indeed. A lot of lead slugs on the trail.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to get in there with you in the future. Is there any running water anywhere on public land in Cleveland NF?, or only spring run off?

dragonfly

Aug 15, 2012
This is one on the hidden areas on Laguna i discovered with google earth. Otherwise i would never have found it. Quite remote. Continuous year round stream here. You can see the rock has been carved out for thousands of years probably

image-2465372882.jpg

dragonfly

Aug 15, 2012
A lot of great cracks in that bedrock. There is a fall above that which is about 20 feet high.

dragonfly

Aug 15, 2012
I am heading to Deer Park road in the morning if anyone want's to meet up at the gate there. Text me at (619)961-8945 if interested. I need to get some gravel samples in some specific runoff areas along the creek. I will be there at 8am

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have loved to, but stuck at work today... Now that's a 4 letter word if I ever heard one!
Next time dragonfly for sure.

dragonfly

Aug 15, 2012
It was nice out. The gate was open because deer hunting season started. About three hunters out there, so if I go back out.... Need to get an orange hat or vest. I made it to my spot where it had looked promising on Google Earth. The dry stream was down to the bedrock, so I dug out as much sand as I could in the crevices for sampling. Brought home, classified everything. Ran it thru my Blue Bowl, however there was nothing. I wish the desert were actually a bit closer, because I would be heading out there more often to look for meteorites and gold. My wife is 3 months along with our 2nd child, so I have less time to go out and fiddle around with questionable areas.

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well congrats on a baby on the way :-)

There has to be gold left in there... Just to much mining activity in such a small area not to have some left. But yes the desert would be nice this time of year too. Gonna be time to join a club just for land access I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread