Newbie looking for anyone in the Camino Placerville areas

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:icon_scratch: Hello everyone,
I am a newbie to all of this gold searchig. What I would like to to find and talk to some people who have experience with el dorado county gold searching. I am thinking about buying a Highbanker/combo dredger but not sure where to even start to look for going out and setting up? I was thinking about going higher up to search around Loon Lake,Iron Mountain RD Etc are these good areas or do I need to stay lower.
I have been laidoff work and having trouble finding work so I am bored and have always thought about trying to find gold. Is there a group here in the Placerville area that I can join?

montesactwn

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2013
Hi, GPAA has some claims around...also i found some nice gold at the waterfall in the back of sly park lake. The hazel mine was located up stream from there. I grew up in pville so i know the area well.

breatherboy

May 28, 2013
Placerville, CA
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000
White's V/sat...yo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey,
I live in Placerville. I belong to the Gold Country Treasure Seekers who hold meetings at 7pm every 3rd Monday of the month. Held at the Veterans Memorial building at the fairgounds. Most metal detecting for relics and gold but numerous prospectors. The Motherlode Goldhound is a great gold prospecting club out of Auburn to meet people and good outings. Check out their website.
There are a number of good creeks south east of sly park. Good reliable gold in north fork american river below Colfax and the Auburn Recreation area (no claims) allow highbanking certain times during the year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread