falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know there are a couple of you I've talked to already!

Anyone else in the area?

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
My grandparents lived in Fresno, and when I was a kid in 1973, a neighbor came over with his MD and found an old rusty shoehorn in the yard. Still remember it to this day!

old-cabin25.jpg

Papadawgdan

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Hanford, Ca
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Falcon I am new to TN and came across your post. I am from the Hanford area and work in Clovis. I am very new to the hobby, so much so that my metal detector is not due to arrive until Monday.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Falcon I am new to TN and came across your post. I am from the Hanford area and work in Clovis. I am very new to the hobby, so much so that my metal detector is not due to arrive until Monday.

Welcome to TN. Has your detector arrived and have you been able to get out hunting yet? Hanford has some decent parks to detect.

Papadawgdan

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Hanford, Ca
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually yes I received it easy this week and finally got an opportunity to use it in my back yard yesterday. I would like to get out a little bit today. Next weekend I will be in the Pismo area and am looking forward to doing a little hunting on the beach.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of competition in Hanford although if you can get permission for some of the older homes in town I am sure there is Silver (coins) in the ground.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if any of you ever want to get together for a hunt, just left me know.

Papadawgdan, if you are going to Pismo you may want to check out MichaelSwan66 on YouTube. He lives in Pismo and hits the beaches in the area. He does very well with rings and even silver coins that wash up onto the beach.

Papadawgdan

Tenderfoot
Oct 25, 2014
Hanford, Ca
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if any of you ever want to get together for a hunt, just left me know.

Papadawgdan, if you are going to Pismo you may want to check out MichaelSwan66 on YouTube. He lives in Pismo and hits the beaches in the area. He does very well with rings and even silver coins that wash up onto the beach.

I would love to get together and hunt with you Sjvalleyhunter. Since I am so new to this hobby it would be great to learn some pointers. I did actually go about to a park today, I ended up finding a quarter, 5 pennies, a key and lots of trash. None of the coins were old, but I was thrilled to find them. Thanks also for the Pismo tip, I will be sure to check it out.

Back of the boat thanks for the tip. In the further I would like to see if I can get permission to hunt some of the old homes. But after my first hunt today I think I need to improve upon my pin pointing and plug digging techniques.

Again thank you both for the tips and after today I know it is a hobby I will enjoy.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would love to get together and hunt with you Sjvalleyhunter. Since I am so new to this hobby it would be great to learn some pointers. I did actually go about to a park today, I ended up finding a quarter, 5 pennies, a key and lots of trash. None of the coins were old, but I was thrilled to find them. Thanks also for the Pismo tip, I will be sure to check it out. Back of the boat thanks for the tip. In the further I would like to see if I can get permission to hunt some of the old homes. But after my first hunt today I think I need to improve upon my pin pointing and plug digging techniques. Again thank you both for the tips and after today I know it is a hobby I will enjoy.

Sounds good. Just sent me a PM when and where you want to go.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt down that way as I live on the west side in Mendota a little to far to drive, but a friend of mine told me Mooney grove park gives up some older coins, In Visalia the only time I was there turned out to be the day it was closed.Just my luck lol.You might check that out.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't hunt down that way as I live on the west side in Mendota a little to far to drive, but a friend of mine told me Mooney grove park gives up some older coins, In Visalia the only time I was there turned out to be the day it was closed.Just my luck lol.You might check that out.

I regularly hunt Mooney and Roeding. Both still produce some old silver, but they don't come as easy as they used to. Do you ever hunt in Firebaugh? I've thought about poking around by the river. If I remember correctly there was a ferry crossing in that area.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hard part about Firebaugh is getting permissions and the ground is like a rock but there is history back to the 1800's. The spot where the ferry docked to disembark passengers is paved over and the other side is private. But the park below has a rodeo grounds and walking path haven't found much there.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The hard part about Firebaugh is getting permissions and the ground is like a rock but there is history back to the 1800's. The spot where the ferry docked to disembark passengers is paved over and the other side is private. But the park below has a rodeo grounds and walking path haven't found much there.

Well you may have just saved me a trip out there!

coinsearcher

Feb 27, 2008
Central, CA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro W/ SunRay probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello neighbors, I am in V town and would love to get out and hit the dirt. Anyone interested please pm me

Pilgrim

Dec 3, 2010
Fresno
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I know that this thread it two years old but I'm in the Fresno area and there doesn't seam to be a club here anymore or even get-togethers or hunts. If anyone wants to get together for some detecting please let me know.

Aaron

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know that this thread it two years old but I'm in the Fresno area and there doesn't seam to be a club here anymore or even get-togethers or hunts. If anyone wants to get together for some detecting please let me know.

Aaron

The San Joaquin Valley Treasure Hunters was the only club that used to be in the area. They met once a month in Clovis and periodically organized hunts. However, their website is no longer up and I don't believe that have their meetings any longer.

The Fresno area seems to have its small group of dedicated hunters (at least I tend to run into the same people detecting around town), but there aren't a whole bunch of folks out there.

Send me a pm if you want to meet up for a hunt sometime.

Jason

S

stefen

So a belated welcome and have a blast MD'g...

Unfortunately I'm just south of the Oregon-Cali border on the most westerly point of the continental USA and too far to drive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread