Solano county treasure hunting partner?

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I'm a Benicia resident. I'm into detecting, but I'm much more into gold prospecting. Every Friday night after work I go up to auburn/colfax and spend the night, wake up early and hunt for gold!

Would love to find other people to metal detect or prospect with. Actually I'm getting into nugget shooting with a detector... I've heard of many 1800's coins found up there too.

Would be fun to get a whole group of treasure hunters together, and a few flasks of our favorite beverages!

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy! I reside in Vacaville and am VERY curious about prospecting. Your Friday night adventure is exactly what I'm interested in doing! I'm 100% new to prospecting/mining. I've done a little opal mining, but nothing else. Here's my problem.. I don't know where to go (and I hear going alone isn't smart because of dangers) other that public land (E.g. Yankee Jim Bridge area). So, without joining a Gold Club, I'd rather find a closed claim and attempt to work on that.. then maybe stake a claim for myself? I don't know. I'm Jack by the way.

OP
OP
TravyLeigh

TravyLeigh

Sep 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man, since starting this thread, I go alone often. It's not really scary, maybe the first few times. You should start by going to confluence and just playing around up there. Staking a claim and just jumping into it isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. My prospecting partner and I have been searching for months to find a good spot to claim... We've found some, but the only way to get into them is with mountain climbing gear, and it's many many miles in the middle of nowhere. Good luck to you on finding a claim, but it's going to be very difficult to find any available land, and the good land you DO find will be very very rare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread