Looking for a detector buddy in the Los Angeles Area

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting started with the hobby. My detector hasn't even arrived in the mail yet. When it does though I would really like to go detecting my local beaches with a buddy. I think it would help me stick with the hobby lol.

I live near Venice beach and would also really like to hit the beaches in marina del rey. I rarely see detectors there and I feel like mothers beach and MacArthur park would be good places to start detecting.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
From Salinas, CA: welcome to T'net. As for "rarely seeing md'rs" on the beach: You will see them if we ever gt any swells that erode. When the wet-sand eroded beach action is hot and heavy, it will not be unusual to see 10 machines crowded into a space as small as a basket-ball court :)

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just getting started with the hobby. My detector hasn't even arrived in the mail yet. When it does though I would really like to go detecting my local beaches with a buddy. I think it would help me stick with the hobby lol.

I live near Venice beach and would also really like to hit the beaches in marina del rey. I rarely see detectors there and I feel like mothers beach and MacArthur park would be good places to start detecting.

I see a few guys who hit Santa Monica muscle beach on the regular in the dry sands whenever I'm up training on the green.

Dunno what machine you purchased but they will all work well enough in the dry. But the wet/water is a different story. Plenty of information on that in the beaches/shallow water section.

blaineh21

Greenie
Dec 10, 2017
Duarte CA
Detector(s) used
looking to buy one
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

!
hey im going to buy my first dector soon so maybe we can meet up sometime!

OP
OP
S

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!
hey im going to buy my first dector soon so maybe we can meet up sometime!

Yeah defiantly! Still haven’t found anybody to go detecting with and the wife just wants to take selfies when she come with me haha.

Let me know if you need some help picking out a detector. I managed to get the wrong type of metal detector my first go around and was unable to detect in wet sand. I got a Minelab go find 60 and can now detect in wet sand and even shallow water. Even heavily mineralized sand doesn’t cause me any problems. If your looking for something on the lower end of the price scale, get either the go find 40 or 60. If you got some money to blow, get a good PI machine. I still haven’t gotten the cash to upgrade, but I am having tons of luck with my go find. I’ve gotten 3 14k bracelets in the last couple of months and even a 14k triple trinity ring(3 rings all hooked together with different types of gold colors) at 10” in wet sand.

PM me for contact info

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions