First try unsuccessful

redbull_warrior

Greenie
Mar 28, 2014
I went into my back yard today for the first time with my ace 250 it was a total bust and I wrecked the grass. It's far to wet still.

I got hits and pinpointed with the ace 250(I do not have a pin pointer yet ) I dug a few holes and nothing but it said it was there. My small home turned into a big hole fast. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong. I understand it was my first day but I also don't want to destroy my grass the wife would have my head.

Will it get a false hit for glass?

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I don't know what your ground is like but wait for the ground to dry. Mine will sound like there is a really good signal in the the ground but turn out to be falseing after a good rain. It's weird I took mine to Florida and was able to detect in the saltwater wet sand but my ground in Ohio is a no go when it's wet. when the ground dries out try again and I bet it will be a lot better.

When your learning dig a larger plug then you need. It's a lot cleaner to dig a wider plug then to expand a plug that's to small. Only dig 3/4 of a circle or so and fold it over don't completely sever the network of roots from the rest of your lawn or you'll end up with yellow polka-dots for about 2 weeks. I only give this advise key because you nessicarly know but I learn from experience when I first got my haha.

Also feel free to shoot me a message of you have any questions or want some tips.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread