Hello everyone

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
I am ready to buy my first metal detector!
I'm very excited and need some help.

There is sooooo much information to take in about buying one, and now I'm a little overwhelmed with information lol

But I keep on hearing the "AT Pro"
Is one of the better ones for performance and depth, as well as being very versatile on, woodlands,open fields deep search capability and water as well?

I'm just looking for a detector that delivers and preforms under different areas,
I have a lot of areas I mapped and it varies from hillsides,beaches,woods,farmland ect,

Any advice would be most appreciated and
On your top three that preforms and delivers above your expectations?

Thanks

Steve
IU812

jrobert

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2015
S/W Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really new to this hobby also. Bought my AT PRO just last month. But spent the better part of 3 months studying via the internet, all the metal detectors.
I'm hunting old homesteads and seashore beaches mainly. For the budget and the hunting i'm mainly doing, the one that I figured was the best was the AT PRO.

Still learning, and from what I read, that takes a while. I've only been doing old homesteads for now, going to a beach as soon as the weather and tides are good, probably next week.
found some coins, the oldest was a Prince Edward Island penny dated 1871...pretty happy about that one, on my 2nd day out.

Good luck and happy hunting

John

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stop goofing off and buy the machine. It is just as good as any other machine in its price range. It is heavier than a Tesoro Vaquero, but it has more lipstick on it. Now Do It! :headbang:

OP
OP
OU812

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
I think I'm going to go with the , At Pro gold detector,
It seems to be pretty diverse in what it can do, and from the reviews and write ups,
Looks like it's a good choice.
I'm really looking forward to,
Getting it finally and to get out and start the hunt!! lol

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to like it, it's a capable machine, learn it well and you'll find some cool stuff. Good Luck and HH!

Last edited:

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
The ATPRO is an easy machine to use. Learning the sounds and vdi is the learning curve, as is the case with any machine. Good Luck

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We have an ATPro as a backup machine and I love it. It is very easy to pinpoint a target with so great for a first machine. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
OU812

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
Thank everyone,
You've all been a great help,
With sound advice.

I hope everyone is having a
Good week and lots of finds!

Thanks,
Steve-OU812

OP
OP
OU812

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
Well my at pro gold detector is a no go!!!
I'm pretty disappointed in the lack of service,
Customer service was,
Not good at all, I placed my order, got a reply back
A week later, saying it was
Not available, so now a month later and still no reply, and I asked for a dealer for my area, closet one is in Quebec, I had checked out the site and
After 4 attempts nothing,
No email or reply,
Tried to get a response on a different detector and
No response from Garrett
It's been almost two months from the time I wanted to buy my detector to now and the lack of customer services is and has me very disappointed!!!!

So back to square one and now I'm going to see what
Minelab,Fisher and others have to offer.

This just sucks!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread