Any Canadians here?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I'm from Newfoundland!!

Newfiehunter

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other
So, is anyone here a lawyer or know any lawyers? Someone I recently talked with suggested to me that our treasure laws might be the same as the British ones simply because Canada was a British territory for so long. That's worth considering, don't you think?

Fight Mitch

Nov 11, 2008
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
Discovery III
Ottawa, Ontario in the house....My dad's got a 400 acre farm in Quadville and it used to be Al Capone's hideaway. I'm gonna go have some fun there next weekend.

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds cool, that's up in the Bancroft area, right? I was up there last summer, had a look at Al Capone's old cottage. The place was a disaster though, it looked like a tornado had gone through it. I hope I wasn't trespassing, the locals said it was all right to go see it.

Fight Mitch

Nov 11, 2008
Ottawa
Detector(s) used
Discovery III
Prime said:
Sounds cool, that's up in the Bancroft area, right? I was up there last summer, had a look at Al Capone's old cottage. The place was a disaster though, it looked like a tornado had gone through it. I hope I wasn't trespassing, the locals said it was all right to go see it.
Yeah, the folks in that area are laid back and friendly. Gonna make a day out of it. Just hope I don't meet up with people who play Deliverance on their banjos....I'll keep you posted on my findings, if any!!

Gotrek

Nov 26, 2008
If another manitoban wants to take me out one day and show me the ropes I'd appreciate. I own a very old detector and mainly use it for safety/construction purposes but want to start using it for more then that.

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Ben, welcome to the forums, great name btw ;D

I love National Treasure, it's probably my favorite movie.

Slocan

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2009
In Calgary...waiting for spring! No metal detector yet, but years of bottle digging in the West Kootenays

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forums Slocan.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Prime. We've spoken briefly on another thread of yours awhile ago.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the other Canucks here.

I'm in Kitchener ON.

OP
OP
Prime

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Trout, I didn't forget. How's the treasure hunting going? Have you gotten comfortable with the research part?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread