Question about detecting in Colorado

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I have a friend whose dad live in Colorado. He wanted to know a good basic detector for his dad to use. I was wondering if anyone knows how a Tesoro Cibola works out there. In Va the ground changes drastically. In some places the Cibola works fine and in other places will barely penetrate the ground because it is so mineralized. Any help or suggestions on a simple basic machine would be appreciated
Thanks in advance.

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Vayank54,

Might try hookedongold.com that's their website. They are located in Colorado and do quite a bit of metal detecting. You can contact them through [email protected] and ask them about that type of detector out here in Colorado.

They might know something or be able to make suggestions.

Goldenlady

old_goldchaser

Feb 10, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Multiple pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ground in most places out here is highly mineralized. Exceptions are possible. My CX III would work great in my brothers yard and his neighborhood. Very little mineralization there for whatever reason, but then if I headed over to the city park there and it wouldnt work anywhere near as good. HIgh mineralization.

An MXT will work well out here....I used to have one and know it well. Same for a DFX which I do own at the moment, though I think the MXT handled things a bit better. There are some of the minelabs that do quite well out here but I am not familiar with them as I have owned only one and never used it out here.

Several of the lessor expensive Whites models should do ok out here. They have a black sands selection on them that does very well in handling the minerals. But also alot depends on the skills of the user too.

Check out some of the models of both and go from there. I dont know the Tesoro line that well and have never owned one or used one so I cant comment on them at all.

vayank54 said:
I have a friend whose dad live in Colorado. He wanted to know a good basic detector for his dad to use. I was wondering if anyone knows how a Tesoro Cibola works out there. In Va the ground changes drastically. In some places the Cibola works fine and in other places will barely penetrate the ground because it is so mineralized. Any help or suggestions on a simple basic machine would be appreciated
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Thanks old_goldchaser, I'll tell my friend. He wants a simple machine for his dad. I know the Whites machines and some of the Tesoros. A lot of the others I don't know much about. I know the lower end Tesoros, I'm inlcuding the Cibola in that, are not good in heavily mineralized soils but do ok in moderate soils.
thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread