So, does anyone metal detect in Colorado anymore?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Butler
  • 1 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 2 Post By Butler
  • 1 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 1 Post By diggingthe1
  • 2 Post By Butler
  • 1 Post By Johnnybravo300
  • 1 Post By Neotox428
  • 3 Post By diggingthe1

Thread: So, does anyone metal detect in Colorado anymore?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2009
    Northern Colorado
    Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
    164 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Still a ghost town I guess in ALL of the Colorado areas on here? Maybe I'm in the wrong Colorado forum? Heeeelllllloooo! Echo, echo, echo....

Well in case someone from the Longmont / Loveland area is around I got the urge to dig in some dirt if you are up for it. It is snowing right now (go figure), but hey it's Colorado. Tomorrow could be sunny and warm(ish). I'm up for just about any type of hunting, parks, fields, etc. Anyway, if not now maybe someone will see this post in a year or two and give me a holler!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10720 times
    Prospecting

Check out this list for the Fort Collins based club. You’ll find your fellow detectorists there http://findinggoldincolorado.com/clubs-in-colorado
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2009
    Northern Colorado
    164 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Check out this list for the Fort Collins based club. You’ll find your fellow detectorists there Gold Prospecting Clubs in Colorado ? Finding Gold in Colorado
    Thanks for the reply! Not so empty in here after all! I did find rmpth.com and their face book page https://www.facebook.com/groups/rmpth. Planning to attend the next meeting to see what's up.
    KevinInColorado and A2coins like this.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10720 times
    Prospecting
    Excellent! Have fun out there
    A2coins likes this.

Feb 2015
    Victor, CO...City of Mines
    Minelab EQ800, Ex2
    3196 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There is a good club in Colorado Springs, the Pikes Peak adventure league. But that is a ways from you. If your up in the Cripple Creek area look me up. Happy Hunting! Colorado
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Feb 2009
    Northern Colorado
    164 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by diggingthe1 View Post
    There is a good club in Colorado Springs, the Pikes Peak adventure league. But that is a ways from you. If your up in the Cripple Creek area look me up. Happy Hunting! Colorado
    Thanks digginthe1. Yeah, Colorado Springs is a bit of a trek from here. But it's gonna start snowing around here and the frozen ground might give me an excuse to take some 2-3 dayers down south.
    A2coins and diggingthe1 like this.

us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2086 times
    Prospecting
    I'm near gunnison and I detect when I can. I come across alot of old cabin ruins when I'm prospecting and I like to detect those virgin spots. Their trash piles usually contain the best treasures I've found, or directly under the log walls. I can spend all day doing that and the history buff in me really gets the fire going with every find. I still have a few cabins I need to get back to with the detector someday but time is always too short.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    32127 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    What a nice welcome for ya!!!!!!!

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Feb 2009
    Northern Colorado
    164 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    I'm near gunnison and I detect when I can. I come across alot of old cabin ruins when I'm prospecting and I like to detect those virgin spots. Their trash piles usually contain the best treasures I've found, or directly under the log walls. I can spend all day doing that and the history buff in me really gets the fire going with every find. I still have a few cabins I need to get back to with the detector someday but time is always too short.
    Finding an old homestead is certainly a good thing. Finding the trash dump, outhouse, etc on that site is the "prize"! Usually old bottles, coins, relics, and (hopefully) a cache might be our reward when we dig through that old trash. God, this is a great hobby!

I have been scanning some older parks near where I live but so far the pickins are slim. I am researching and will continue to do so over the winter to prepare for the spring. It is always nice though to have others who enjoy the hobby that share in the fun.

us
    Nov 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter II Teknetics Omega 8500
    2 times
    I see the posts are kinda old here...hope someone is still around. I am new to the hobby and was thinking on going to the local parks here in the springs to just kind of practice and learn. Any advice or info so I don't get in trouble would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    diggingthe1 likes this.

Feb 2015
    Victor, CO...City of Mines
    Minelab EQ800, Ex2
    3196 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotox428 View Post
    I see the posts are kinda old here...hope someone is still around. I am new to the hobby and was thinking on going to the local parks here in the springs to just kind of practice and learn. Any advice or info so I don't get in trouble would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    About a month or 2 ago they scraped off a layer in the park in old Colorado City. I don't hunt parks much, but be friendly, cover your holes and go when there are not a lot of people around. I think those soccer fields off 21st Street would be nice. When I was learning I sure liked under the swingsets. It's easy to get a feel for what coins sound like. Maybe the older parks would be good for some silver or jewelry. Good luck! I would be eyeballing the old houses for people outside to talk to!!!

Sponsored Links