Attachments

• CB.jpg
    CB.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 494

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: :coffee2: We left for our warmer winter Treasure Hunting site. We'll be back up for a short time during the holidays but as for hunting, that's for warm weather. Atlantic Ave in Millville!

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a very close friend that lives on Central Ave. Millville!

:-)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I hunt with a couple of guys from DE. I know they are still hunting...maybe too busy to post right now.

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody doing anything out there? . . . beach or land?

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Not much time for forums,but been out 5 times since May,3 times at the beach,nothing worth posting about,2 other spots,the first farm found 3 wheaties and 3 musket balls,the rest was beer cans and pieces of farm stuff and househould junk like the foil dish that holds potpies heh.The Second place,a 200 yr old house,some interesting trinkets,like a salt shaker top made of sterling silver,more farm equipment pieces, and a lot of clad.We figure we got maybe 50% of the 0-3 inch stuff outta the way.We were invited to come back,so were hoping the next trip will give up the goodies.

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad someone is getting out! . . . I've been deep into research for DE, NJ, and PA for the last 3 months. . . maybe some of it will pay off.

Del Digger

Mar 22, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett GTAX400, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in New Castle County and am always looking fro someone to hunt with but I won't start until the weather gets warmer. Anyone interested?

bigben1973

Greenie
Jul 16, 2011
newark,delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
i live in newark delaware and im interested in finding either a club or/and people that metal detect in the surrounding area of where i live.I've metal detected in the past when i lived in south jersey but now since i have lived in delaware since 2007 and been out of metal detecting for 10yrs,i like to get back into it.However i do have some hurdles to overcome-iv been disabilied since april of 2010 due a work injury and i just got operated on 5/24/11(lower back) and 7/2/11(appendix).Walking is encouraged by my doctor so metal detecting sounds like its right up my alley to get this exercise(i couldnt do much but i could do some).Im not familiar with this area i live in for metal detecting and need some advice or/and guidance from anybody.can anybody help in this matter that would be great :hello: :thumbsup:

littlebill31

Jul 2, 2011
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
BigBen,
Welcome to the club. There's not too much happening, apparently, on the Delaware side of this site. I live down south in Millsboro and haven't seen any recent info on detecting. However, the Mason-Dixon club does have meetings in Milford, 3rd Wednesday of each month, 7pm. They hold them at Marble Square, which is a baseball/recreation center in Milford. They are the only club I know of. I have never been to one of their meetings though, so I have no idea what they are about in the detecting hobby.

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First State Search & Recovery Club Newark, DE (302) 738-5277

The Club meets the last Wednesday of each month (except Dec, Jun, July, Aug) at the Dairy Queen at the intersection of Route 4 & Marrows Road (374 E Chestnut Hill Rd) in Newark, Delaware. The meeting starts at 7:30PM in the basement "Party Room". Any changes to meeting time or location will be sent out via the Yahoo eGroup email list.

SJA :-)

bigben1973

Greenie
Jul 16, 2011
newark,delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
yes i checked out the first state search and recovery club-the number that u posted and their website.They dont do much metal detecting in delaware for a couple of reasons:1.theres hardly any public or/and private sites that people will let metal detectors on or off their sites,2.the club that you spoke of is mostly involved with search and rescrue,state police,and county organizations that need people to recover items lost in the woods,lakes,heavier overgrown areas,etc.,and 3.theres no actively on the clubs website to indicate that they are an active club-i checked with others that live in this area and ones that usted to belong to a club that existed yrs ago-they know about this club but say that they dont do much-mostly nothing.
So i figured i would post my finding here to let people know what i found so far-if this metal detector club IS active,then i would be very interested in joining since the meetings are only 5 mins away from me and their surposive active is in my area that i live in..lol lol-if anybody else has any NEW info on this club,plz let me know-i've already called the number and visited the website,so if anybody knows of anyone in this club or knows the movements of this club,just let me know-ill be very eager for that info.
Until then,keep on metal detecting-you never know what on the other side of that dirt pile :read2: :thumbsup: ;D

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only other club I know of around here is the Eastern Shore Treasure Club down on Kent Island, MD at the Bay Bridge. That would be a long drive for you though.

:-(

littlebill31

Jul 2, 2011
Southern Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
This club is in Salisbury and are very active http://www.shoreseekers.org/ But it's a haul from Newark.

I've talked to a couple clubs, but from what I get, they don't do very much. Lot's of sitting and talking, raffles and bingo.
There is plenty of beach hunting in Delaware and over 50% of the state is unimproved land/farm land. You need to talk to some land owners. Many clubs that do have areas to hunt, hunt in areas that have already been picked. Or ball fields, parks, ect. Nobody wants to let 15 people go tramping around their property, but if you talk to an owner, and it's just you, they usually let you snoop around a little.
I've talked to a bunch of land owners that have the same story about letting people hunt. They let one person hunt, then those people invite a few more, so on and so forth. Or they lie about what they find or trash the place. No wonder the land owner gets upset.

Brianslost

Mar 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found the forum. I just got a md and have been digging all the nails out of my yard. I'd love to find other hunters and get some tips on places to go. I live between Wilmington and Newport.

OP
OP
sjarchangel

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN. Research that area. There are some good places . . . IF! . . . you do your research!

Chicken4U2

Jul 27, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO..HELLO...HELLO...HELLO...hello..

Any of you guys go to the Mason-Dixon meetings in Milford, if they still exist? Do I need to know a secret club hand shake and password to get in?
8-)

Nwyrkrolsen

Jul 19, 2012
Dover, DE
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anybody out there????????? I'm getting the impression there are no clubs and even less people out there. Looking for one person to hunt with in DE

Jerry Hull

May 4, 2012
Clayton, Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting in Dover today, I didn't see you! *LOL* Good thing or you would have seen me dig a lot of trash. I was over at Silver Lake & Dover Park.

torrejon84

Tenderfoot
Oct 20, 2012
Dela-Where?
Detector(s) used
DX
Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is anybody out there????????? I'm getting the impression there are no clubs and even less people out there. Looking for one person to hunt with in DE

I'm fairly new to metal detecting, wish I could detect more often too, but my other disability takes up most of my time here lately (my job). :) If I know someone is going on a hunt, I try to wipe clean the schedule...give me a shout. Where have you hunted so far?

Tony

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread