Trip To the Shore Today~ Did anyone Do Any Detecting There Lately ?

JohnDE

Jan 8, 2007
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, MINELAB E-TRAC, X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my Friend went to Ocean City today. I tagged along with him just to get out of the house and see what's changed. He purchased some items for his wife's Birthday from some Gift shops at Ocean city and Rehobeth. It's been raining on and off and we got about 4hours without rain. When i got a chance to view Ocean city Beach near the main parking area off 1st Street the Beach area was practically empty with of course some people surfing and fishing. I wish i would of brought along my New Detector Now a (Whites Matrix M6). After his Shopping was finished "In a Hurry to Leave we headed twards Rehobeth Beach and while he was checking out a ring for his wife's Birthday i headed tward the beach and saw a Older Guy swinging a Minelab Excaliber II with basically the whole beach to his self. He didn't tell me what he found but seemed very happy. I told him i also Metal Detect and sell Detectors, Accessories, and Now Whites Detectors and he told me he would be interested in a Quick Sifting short handled Sand Scoop which i gave him my business card and other information. I guess the point i would like to make is that we can take advantage of Bad weather and use that opportunity to detect on the beaches. I wish my friend wasn't in a Big Hurry and i would of probably used the bad weather to do some detecting myself and i learned now to alway's take my detector and scoop along and be prepared for the right opportunity. It rained on and off but their were periods where it wasn't raining. Did any of you other Detectorist out there get a chance to some Beach Detecting ? Like to hear from ya !

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I was out yesterday morning in NJ. I had to leave the beach for a horrible thunderstorm for about an hour but then I had the beach to myself till about noon. I had the same thought....nice to have this bad weather so I can enjoy myself! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread