Any Parks around Lewes

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-trac ,Bounty Hunter 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spero, Im from Dover and dont frequent the beaches much. Cape Henlopen State park comes to mind though. Its a beach/park located there in Lewes. Theres are is an old WWII naval base with barracks and lookout towers there. It would probably be a good place to detect. Not sure if it legal or not ..you would have to check.

OP
OP
S

Spero

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2007
Lewes, De.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Thanks Digger, will have to check that out. Beaches in the State parks, I know are open for detecting as long as you detect on the beaches. I was looking more to find any county or city parks in southern De. that allow detecting.

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After I posted, i figured that was more of what you were looking for Spero.
I'm kind of drawing blank on town parks. I know there is a lot of nature trail type parks located near ponds,
like trap pond state park located between Millsboro and Laurel. I am willing to bet that if you go to any of the more populated towns in
Sussex co., like Georgetown or Seaford and just ride around you will come across a town park.

OP
OP
S

Spero

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2007
Lewes, De.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Thanks, Digger, didn't think about Georgetown, probably are some parks there and Millsboro. Have to check them out. I don't think there are any in Lewes or Rehobeth, have to check inland to see if there are any in near towns. I'll let you know if I find any, thanks again.

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you get some good finds! Good luck

De.Digger

Apr 16, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spero, Im still thinking! :sign13: Have you tried Google earth ?
I just google earthed Lewes in the street map mode and there is a park there in Lewes.
Its called Blockhouse pond park I switched to satellite mode and can see a "C" shaped pond with
what looks like walking trails around it. There are surronding fields where it looks like kids can play.
Get on W.4th street ,turn on to dupont avenue. takes you right to the parking lot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread