Metal Detecting At County Parks

JohnDE

Jan 8, 2007
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, MINELAB E-TRAC, X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hitting some Local County Parks with my X-Terra 705, A Nice Lightweight all around Detector. Found Lots of Clad as well as my share of Aluminum Junk. The 18.75 KHz Coil is Great for finding Jewelry, but you will dig your share of Aluminum too. I also have a Whites Spectra V3i and a recently Purchased CTX-3030 that i haven't used yet. Does anyone in this forum use either of these detectors and what's your Opinion and experiences using them ? I want to hit some already hunted out spots with the New Detectors and maybe i can pull a few interesting finds that my older Detectors missed............

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
If you're detecting in Kent County owned parks be careful. It's not allowed.
In July I upgraded to the CTX3030 from an ETrac and am enjoying every minute of it. It's an amazing machine.

Brandx

Oct 23, 2012
Box Elder County
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I am new to detecting can anyone give some incite into digging your find? I have read about people make a plug? I would like to do it rite. I don't want to mess up our park?
Thanks B

mattyshore

Jul 16, 2013
Westbury, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt City of Dover Maintained parks. 100% allowed. most of the parks are nothing more than a tree in a 5x5 ft of grass. I go to Silver Lake and find lots and lots of clad. I have noticed an extreme amount of trash which makes me wonder how much of Dover is backfill.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread