Metal Detecting In Delaware " Any Northern DE Metal Detectorist Out There ?

JohnDE

Jan 8, 2007
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, MINELAB E-TRAC, X-TERRA 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal Detecting In Delaware " Any Northern DE Metal Detectorist Out There ?

My name is John and this is my first posting. Iv'e been detecting casually on and off for about 20 years. Im looking forward to Chatting to any Delaware treasure hunter that wants to treasure talk. I look forward to better weather and getting away from my computer to do some metal detecting again. Im basically a White's metal detector Fan being that iv'e alway's owned White's detectors and was satisfied with their performance. but now im trying other brands since i became a Garrett dealer working out of my home. I also have access to Fisher, Bounty Hunter, and Tesoro Metal detectors. I do have a Garrett Ace 250 and Bounty Hunter Quick draw II to learn. Im interested communicating with other Treasure Hunters regarding these other Brands and get some feedback regarding their likes and dislikes of their particular model detector. One of my Best finds was a 1877 Indian Head penny that was found about 15 years ago at a park in Wilmington which is now a state park. If anyone wants to Treasure Chat about detecting in Delaware or anything else regarding metal detecting please reply to this post. Have any of you Treasure hunters tried detecting at "Coin Beach" in the past with any Luck ?

rockhoundoo7

Greenie
Jan 17, 2007
harrington, DE
Detector(s) used
DISVOVERY1100
Re: Metal Detecting In Delaware " Any Northern DE Metal Detectorist Out There ?

hi john my name is alexis i am 30 years old and i live in delaware too... i currently live in harrington. i've been doing research in this area, but haven't had much luck finding anything out...I just got my md at radio shack, unfortunately i didn't know of any other dealers at the time. it works alright, but i think a whites would be better. right now it's to cold to be thinking of getting a new md. anyhow, i would like to go down to coin beach and see if there's anything washing up now. i've heard that place has long since dried up but it's worth a look around. i'm not sure the exact location, somewhere between dewey and indian river. have you been out there, i've heard of people finding cigar boxes full of coins out there. if you go i'd like to meet up with you.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Hi rock & coin,

I'm not from Delaware, only camped there. I have hunted on Coin Beach once before. The only thing I found was a little bit of clad. When I was there, they haven't had a bad storm for a while. Maybe there is still coins there under the surf, a good storm would definetely help. When I go down again, I will definitely give it another try. Hope it helps

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Check out our club. We meet in Wilmington and sometimes hunt in DE. We will meet on Feb. 28th. Welcome to TNet

http://sphrg.tripod.com/

Del Digger

Mar 22, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett GTAX400, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi John,
I live in North Wilmington and am looking to do some hunting in the area. I've tried a few suburban parks and others places but not had a lot of luck. Let me know and maybe we can put our heads together and find some place to hunt.

bigben1973

Greenie
Jul 16, 2011
newark,delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Hi All,
I also live in Northern delaware and have researched areas and locations to metal detect in the wilmington/new castle area.Unfortunely the pickins are slim to none and unless you know the land owner very well,you get the boot..lol lol.From the shows on TV to the bad experiences from careless detectors that leave holes and crates,people around here are not open to the idea of a person with a metal detector on their property :(.Their are metal detector clubs that do cover this area but they either ran into the same problem that i did or have long since disappered.The SPHRG metal detector club do come into delaware and have a good folowing,unfortunely,they are based in pa and only go to rehorbath beach(cant spell it today..lol) or lewes beach.All other digs are in pa or nj.
Theres a Club outside milford,de but they dont go any further than dover,de.So metal detection clubs are next to nothing in this area and new or seasoned detector personal in the wilmington/new castle area are few and far between.
However,there is hope,my mom bought land near smyrna delaware that is big(19 to 23 arces).She has put a barn w/horses on it but for the most part,the land is open and some of it is wooded.The land has never been metal detected and the house on it is old.The area is old as well.They have a metal detector that i use(whites-the best,sorry)but i cant do alot due to my lower back and legs(disabiled).I'm going to try to organize a group(between 4 to 6 people or more)to help me with metal detecting this virgin ground.What little i've detected on the land turned up a 1919 wheat penny and a cows bell from the turn of the century.Please if you are interested in joining my group or if you can help me organize in anyway,reply to this post.I will keep updating this post from time-to-time :) Until then,keep on digging and searching for history :)

DIGTHAT

Jan 1, 2013
Wilmigton, DE
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Big Ben... I would be interested. Let me know when you organize a hunt.

unclejack

Apr 2, 2014
Smyrna, De.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack 15 years old
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rock, I'm in Smyrna and I too have a radio Shack MD. Works like a charm so far for the last 15 years. If you get a chance send me an email. [email protected]
unclejack

unclejack

Apr 2, 2014
Smyrna, De.
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack 15 years old
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Ben & digdat, I think I might know a place in the Stanton area area. Send an email by seeing post below from unclejack

Jrm1973

Dec 2, 2014
Smyrna, DE
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all. I, too, am in Delaware (Smyrna now but a Newark native). I just picked up a White's MXT and would like to find somewhere to take it out. Any thoughts?

NewbieBill

Jan 5, 2015
Dover, DE
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I am in Dover DE looking for local areas to search and people to search with. I am new wife got me MD for Christmas.

Jan 19, 2015
Dover, Delaware
Detector(s) used
So far only a Fisher F2 metal detector. However, will be upgrading in the summertime.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Justin and I am in Dover, Delaware. This is my first post, however, though I am new to Metal Detecting, I am going to begin a metal detecting club in the springtime. I plan on joining with other new and/or experienced metal detecting enthusiasts and learning more about this hobby. If anyone has any interest, feel free to reply to this post. I live in Dover and noticed metal detecting enthusiasts are slim to none around here, so I am taking the initiative to make a club. :)(MidAtlantic Treasure Hunting Club. I have a Facebook page soon to be under construction.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread