Tampa Area

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ken Reckart

May 15, 2009
Seffner FL
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
munni67 said:
Well this is my first post and I am asking if there is anyone in the tampa bay area that is looking for a hunting partner. Thought this would be the best place to ask. I have been hunting on and off for ten years. Just getting back into it. Let me know if you are interested. Or if you know of any clubs in the area. I live on the Tampa side of the bay. Thanks for looking.

Ken Reckart

May 15, 2009
Seffner FL
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a club in Tampa bay Called, West State Archaelogical Society 724 W.109th Ave Tampa Florida. The club meets every last Tuesday of the month. Next meeting is July 27th; 7:00 Pm maybe we will see you there. My name is Ken Reckart and been with the club many years.

rick64

Dec 8, 2008
Im in holiday and im looking for a hunting partner . i hunt the beaches now but am wanting to go in the middle of the state to hunt old home sites and ghost towns im a member of the club that meets at bill jacksons if anyone would like to go to next meeting let me know also my yahoo messanger id is rickandcrystal

Navy Dude

Nov 2, 2011
Lutz Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tampa Area (lutz) Newbie

Just bought my first MD today, Hope I don't end up in jail. Going to head out to Tarpon Springs in the morning and see if I can find a penny or two. Saturday taking dog to Honeymoon, Can we do this there ?
I am learning this to share with my Boy Scout troop, Any pointers will be appreciated. (wouldn't mind being the next Mel Fisher too)

I guess basic rules are:

get permission(trustworthy)
Pick up trash (Helpfull)
fill holes (leave no trace)
pocket the loot(thrifty)

Is that correct ?

Pirate Island

Greenie
Mar 4, 2012
Land O' Lakes
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Lutz area and have been hitting several local places.

I own a house built in 1903 in Tampa and want to go MD the entire yard.

Maybe several of us can team up!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate Island said:

I'm over in St Pete.
PM me if you need an extra hand... especially on the weekends, I'm usually free.
I've been needing to get out and do a little detecting again, but I only enjoy historical sites anymore (the beaches aren't for me)

Bran <><

clearwatermike

Oct 29, 2011
Clearwater, FL
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I work in Tampa, and get off at 0730. Let me know if you want to get together, and I'll bring my stuff to work with me!

FLCracker

Greenie
Nov 27, 2012
New Port Richey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate Island said:

There are some spots in Odessa, that I know of. At the turn of the 20th century there were many sawmills. It was a lawless, murderous town. But there was money, lots of it especially from the railroads. Eventually, fires destroyed them all around the same time. People left in a hurry and never came back. On my buddy's property that he cleared and put his house on, we have found four Barber Quarters and a chunk of silver, maybe a piece of an ingot.

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some spots in Odessa, that I know of. At the turn of the 20th century there were many sawmills. It was a lawless, murderous town. But there was money, lots of it especially from the railroads. Eventually, fires destroyed them all around the same time. People left in a hurry and never came back. On my buddy's property that he cleared and put his house on, we have found four Barber Quarters and a chunk of silver, maybe a piece of an ingot.

This is where I found the Flintlock and countless bullets and broken bottles/cans and coins. ;) anyone else with historical info., I would completely LOVE it!!!

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did you ever beep your yard?

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate Island, there is a lot in the Lutz area. I am in Pasco County, and have found so many wonderful things in our yard. Keep it up!

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pirate Island, there is a lot in the Lutz area. I am in Pasco County, and have found so many wonderful things in our yard. Keep it up!
I am looking for any extra info about Odessa, Fl. Any particular areas to focus on? Thanks!

speedarino

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to say I am here in Tampa and would like to meet up with some folks when the weather cools off a little more. I'm the greenest of greenhorns but I enjoy the thrill of the chase as they say

High-Teck Redneck

Tenderfoot
Apr 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live part time on the Coast of Charlotte County. Ready to walk the beaches and if there are a few more adventurous types the islands in the area...Venice to Naples I have a shallow draft boat and can get close enough to walk onto most. I'd really like to hit the Palm Island area as it is truly my back-yard when I am there. Anyone interested lemme know. Jake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions