munni67

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, Tesoro amigo II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this is my first post and I am asking if there is anyone in the tampa bay area that is looking for a hunting partner. Thought this would be the best place to ask. I have been hunting on and off for ten years. Just getting back into it. Let me know if you are interested. Or if you know of any clubs in the area. I live on the Tampa side of the bay. Thanks for looking.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be moving back home to the St Pete area at the end of May. Maybe we can get together sometime...
There's some other Tampa folks on here though I believe.

Bran <><

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
I just moved here from Washington State. I have been detecting for about 12 years and would like to get started here. I live in Palm Harbor on the west side of Tampa Bay. Let me know and maybe we can set something up. I am real excited about all the old homesteads and such that I have seen all the way down here.

dfxer

Mar 8, 2008
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
dfx, xlt
I live is St. Pete and never spent much time on the beach. I like to find old coins and bits of history however it is very difficult now that every thing downtown is either posted or fenced off for construction work. Is it the same in tampa.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dfxer... maybe we can get together sometime. I'm moving back to St Pete from Missouri (finished with college up here) on Friday. :)
I'm right between Pinellas Park & Kenneth City.

Bran <><

dfxer

Mar 8, 2008
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
dfx, xlt
Well it don't get no closer than that as I live in Lealman and getting together sounds good. Did you hunt before you left for college.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!
No, I didn't get into THing until about 5 years or so ago, and didn't start MDing until about 3 years ago.
I'm only 26, so I haven't been in the hobby as long as some others around here... :wink:

Bran <><

dfxer

Mar 8, 2008
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
dfx, xlt
Well let me know when you get back here and are ready. The only big problem will be that you will be stuck hunting with someone almost twice your age. So if you can handle that its all good. And congratulations on finishing college.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll do that :)
Ah, that's never bothered me before...
You can probably ask some of my friends here on T-Net, and they'll be able to tell you that they're at least twice my age... if not more. :D

Thanks...

Bran <><

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
Hey dfxr and godisnum1, sorry I didn't jump in and introduce myself but I have been trying to find a job. I am retired but a little extra income is always nice. Anyway, have you gotten together yet? I would really like to get together and get the cobwebs off my MXT. I am new around here and don't really know the rules in Florida, county and cities. Let me know if you would like to get together. Like I said earlier I am in Palm Harbor.
Cliff

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey leatherneck... no, I haven't gotten together with dfxer yet. I got back in town this past weekend, and have been trying to secure a job down here this whole week so far. The job economy really does suck right now! But it's probably good that I've been busy with that, as it's been raining every day I've been home so far. We'll have to all get together sometime when this weather improves some....

Bran <><

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
I think all we would find right now is an alligator with a metal tag. ;D But, that sounds great to me. I have been investigating some of the old French and Spanish history in this area. I thought a good start might be Odet Phillipe County Park in Safety Harbor. It was the first citrus plantation in Florida but now is a park. But, I don't know the rules. If you know anything let me know, in the meantime I will keep doing some research.
Cliff

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, ha... you're probably right!
I haven't looked into the French in the area, but I've researched the Spanish movements around the Tampa area in the past.
Parks are difficult because of the high amounts of modern trash, but there's usually still stuff to be found there. There's a place near Tarpon Springs that I was told about that used to be an old Turpentine Mill in the early 1900's. The person that told me about the place has found lots of old relics there too! If I can get back in contact with him, I'd really like to get out there and find some relics!! Maybe we can all go out there sometime. :)

As far as park rules... they usually vary from place to place. I usually just hunt unless I'm told different or asked to leave, though I've never had that happen yet. Now if this rain will just go away... lol!

Bran <><

dfxer

Mar 8, 2008
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
dfx, xlt
Hey Leatherneck sorry i didn't see your post sooner, I have heard about Phillipe Park but don't know the rules on that park if its documented as historic it won't be allowed. Either way it seems we have already gathered a hunting posse. I did recieve a message from Bran to call and did but haven't heard back yet. Maybe with three of us no piece of metal will go unturned. lol

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
You're right. I did some research on Phillipe park but didn't notice the word "historic". I will check into it more. How about all this rain. Hey, I have never detected in this sand before and I ran into a quirk with my MXT that I didn't know how to fix. My sister in law lives in a house built in 1920. Sooo, I thought I would look around in between storms. I don't know if it was because the sand was wet but I kept getting good solid signals indicating pennies and dimes but every time I would dig there wasn't anything in the hole and once I distrubed the sand the signal went away????? Have you ever encountered this before? Anyway, getting together is a challange with all this rain, but if you know of a place you would like to meet or go to let me know and we'll meet up. Cliff

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Dang, I wish I would've seen this thread earlier, I've just now come across it. I live in St Pete too, just a stones throw from the Gandy Bridge. I don't know if you guys already got together to hunt but it's good to know there's some MDers right in each others backyard. I've only been MDing for bout 1 1/2 yrs, and thats when I get a chance, so I'm still new to it. I'll have to try and go MD with you guys some time if you don't mind, always willing to learn.

If you guys did go out already, where did you go? What did you find?

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cliff and I were supposed to get out one Saturday morning to detect the beaches, but I ended up sick that weekend when he called me to go out... so we never got the chance. I'd still like to get out, though it seems to be raining this whole week, and I'm going to be going to Youth Camp as a counselor with my brother's youth group from church next week... so I'll be kinda busy. But I'd still like for some of us to get together and get out sometime if we can. I was just up at Bill Jackson's a week or so ago, looking at their metal detectors, scoops and other stuff that have there in the store. Anyway, let's figure out a time we can all meet up and go out.

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread