Tallahassee-area club?

darth_thorn

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't found any info on a club here, but I am new to detecting and am here in Tallahassee. Gotta be some civil war items still in the ground around here somewhere.

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i ---- Garrett Ace 350 -------
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
lische with T handle --- stealth & rtg scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[ I also live in Tallahassee. tried Alligator point several times almost no hits. [/St/ George had a little luck but beach is empty in winter, took the wife we ate good and she went to beach.
Digging in the sand is easy to learn pointing. Have hit several parks and tot lots with some results. will need a strong digger with a sharp blade for the clay & roots.]any pointer will help locate.
coins etc. will be covered with dirt and are hard to see. Later I purchased the Auvio wireless headphone and love not having a wire. Cut the end tip open to digger holder, lets the dirt out.
bring a bag for the auto with spare batt., headphone, water and towel. I carry pepper spray with me. I sharpened my digger after the purchase, Have added a T handle on my digger, helps when ground is dry. good luck and have fun. John Lewis

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are several ghost towns in the Tallahassee area but I did not want to try these very remote areas alone. there was a horse race track but the Florida state capital building is built on the spot!
The very old elem. schools do not provide coins because most children had NO money (no coin machines)
I use headphones to avoid attention and not be annoying to others. you need any brand pointer to help find and dig smaller holes
add bug spray to your bag for this Summer. enjoy the January summer temp.
John Lewis

OP
OP
M

mgl_8

Jan 5, 2013
Thanks, all. I haven't been able to find time yet to really get out, but at least I've practiced in the yard! I'm going to shout to you peeps when I head out somewhere. Maybe we can join up and I can get some pointers.

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I welcome to learn more both new ideas and what not to do.
have got my set easy to go and keep my bag with spare batt, water, towel and bug spray.
have tried several diggers and pointers. have put T handle on digger and sharpened the blades
everyone needs to set up belt etc that he is comfortable with. have change mine many times==

darth_thorn

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are several ghost towns in the Tallahassee area but I did not want to try these very remote areas alone. there was a horse race track but the Florida state capital building is built on the spot!
The very old elem. schools do not provide coins because most children had NO money (no coin machines)
I use headphones to avoid attention and not be annoying to others. you need any brand pointer to help find and dig smaller holes
add bug spray to your bag for this Summer. enjoy the January summer temp.
John Lewis

Where are these "Ghost Towns" you speak of? I would love to check them out. I've got a new White's Coin Master and bag of goodies ready to go!

goldbug10

Feb 20, 2013
Tallahassee, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we could form our own local club- seems like we have enough folks/members in Tallahassee

tallydigger

Jul 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to Metal Detecting here. If anyone wants to form a club let me know!!

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
hey guys. tally here too. check out my albums all ive found in my yard :) you guys found anything in the area?

BliskLoc

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2013
Wakulla county, Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am new to the hobby and live in Wakulla county. Also have a friend who collects silver scrap and old coins who is also into MD. I am interested in forming a group as well.

CptJbud

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
North Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tallahassee here as well - well actually just moved to Miccosukee. Apparently I must have moved onto some ancient, pre-recycling, beer can burial grounds, since that's all I've seemed to find in the yard (all over it).. Old plantation history all around though - must be some good hunting.

gatordigger

Jan 8, 2014
Tallahassee
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Minelab 8000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone I'm in Tallahassee and have just started getting into metal detecting. I have lots of ideas for good places to hunt, would like to join or start a club if anyone is interesed in the area:hello:

CREATURE

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
woodville,fl
Detector(s) used
i have the basic bounty hunter ex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id like to join. i have limited time and days though. im near woodville. ive only been detecting about 4 or 5 times.i foun around 30 or so turpintine tins and trash near my house.

CREATURE

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
woodville,fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
info...

i live in woodville and ive been searching the internet,found where there was a fort north of the st marks light house. along the st marks river. going to try and check it out next chance i get. it was distroyed before ww2 ill get the exact dates and post the map of it later

CREATURE

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
woodville,fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i started a group on here if your in tallahassee or the surrounding area join it.

TxPuddleDuck

May 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i started a group on here if your in tallahassee or the surrounding area join it.

I have a good friend who lives close to Tallahassee and very new to metal detecting. She & almost hubby will need a lot of help getting started.
Where is this club for them in Tallahassee? She needs address & other info to find

Thanks
TxPuddleDuck

Dougly_11

Jul 30, 2019
Tallahassee, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Resurrecting a very old post

I have a good friend who lives close to Tallahassee and very new to metal detecting. She & almost hubby will need a lot of help getting started.
Where is this club for them in Tallahassee? She needs address & other info to find

Thanks
TxPuddleDuck

New to metal detecting and in the Tallahassee area. Looks like it may have been active as late as 2014. Anyone still following this post? Anyone in the area still finding anything? I just got a Garrett AT Pro and I'm trying my luck tomorrow, weather permitting, at Alligator point, Carrabelle, and maybe St. George Island. Would like to get with anyone on other locations that would be good to hunt.

Thanks,
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread