gainesville MD Club / ACRR - *updated*

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: gainesville Club / research group - *updated*

I haven't been out detecting all summer... and haven't even been here on T-Net much either.
Hopefully the weather will cool down soon, but I doubt I'll have much time to detect anyway because I'm taking online college classes on top of my work schedule. My first class that started this week is Florida History, so I'm pretty stoked about that! I have a couple books for that class pertaining to it, then I ordered a handful more for the fun of it on the history of Florida... so I'll have plenty of reading material, if I can only find the time to read it all. :) It has been dang hot out though! The cooler fall weather is definitely welcome!!!

Bran <><

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I agree..wishing there was atnet hunt for florida soon, all of the ones lately been a bit aways for us....we loved the vortex springs hunt...next time your up this way let us know , facebook is the easiest, your already on my list there....six/gregg

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ocalasix said:
I agree..wishing there was atnet hunt for florida soon, all of the ones lately been a bit aways for us....we loved the vortex springs hunt...next time your up this way let us know , facebook is the easiest, your already on my list there....six/gregg

I know what you mean! I wish there were too... and if I had a little more time, I've really been wanting to get another group together again. I'm sure it wouldn't really matter where, since most people seem to care more about the fellowship than actually detecting all day long. But if I can find some free time or free up a little time in the next couple months, maybe I can get another group together. I'll let you know on Facebook next time I get up that way... and I'll definitely give you a holler again if I get a group together!

Bran <><

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bran,

yeah definitely keep me in the loop..thanks ...

SC SLING

Sep 22, 2010
SC,FL,TX,PA,GA,NC,
Detector(s) used
BOUNTY HUNTER 505 & AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hello, I have a house in Starke FL and love to go metal detecting and shoot video of finds and locations. I have found some nice stuff up here in Starke like 1895 Barber Quarter,1911 Barber dime, old Brass seal matrix. You can check out some of my finds on my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/slingswholesale?feature=mhum I would like to get up with some others and go treasure hunting in FL. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

when you get down here again , let us know in advance, might be ablew to head up towards starke...gregg

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hoping to get a meeting together soon, few more ppl showing interest now, are you going to the battle of olustee re-enactment in feb.?? maybe we could meet there and talk while enjoying the history?.

Sundancer

Feb 14, 2009
Fort White, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Tesoro Lobo

I am still alive and kicking Gregg.. AND my DFX is ready... always ready to dirt fish. :-=)

~Mike

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

Ocalasix said:
hoping to get a meeting together soon, few more ppl showing interest now, are you going to the battle of olustee re-enactment in feb.?? maybe we could meet there and talk while enjoying the history?.

When is the re-enactment?

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Have a couple people from work interested in making this group a reality, and actually get out and find some locations, we are working on 2 location north of Gainesville at the moment. Trying to think of a good name for the group. Also a location we can meet monthly.....ideas??

SC SLING

Sep 22, 2010
SC,FL,TX,PA,GA,NC,
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'am still up for the metal detecting club idea i think it would be great to get with some others with the same passion. As for a name how about Sunshine State Sliver Hunters just a idea. Keep me up to date on whats going on with the club and if i can do anything to help let me know.

Tks, Aaron

Attachments

• imagesCALLOJJR.jpg
    imagesCALLOJJR.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SC,

Well silver makes us sound like coin hunters, we want to be more professional , sunshine state part sounds good, but was thinking of something letting us represent the northern part of the state.As alot of people showing interest here on TNet, and locally are from North florida. I know myself i would love to finally get out an find some relics, and preserve history, finding some great coins is a plus!!! Learning from one another is also something we can all help each other with....research, research and more research....trying to figure out where we can meet each month as well to discuss locations,etc. is another thing im working on..lol...

SC SLING

Sep 22, 2010
SC,FL,TX,PA,GA,NC,
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I uderstand what your saying about the name. Here is another name its knid of long but just throwing it out there (North Florida Relics & Research Group). Sound a little bit better i think. As for a place to meet a lot of hotels have conference rooms that you can rent cheep i use them all the time for work and there clean and readily available.

Tks, Aaron

Attachments

• imagesCAHIXAPG.jpg
    imagesCAHIXAPG.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 253
OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sounds like a cool name...as far as where to meet thinking public for coffee, talk about stuff, conference room is too big at the moment...be back on in the morning...off to bed

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My Wife and I plan on going saturday...they bus people in from the lake city airport area it gets so bad for parking there, they say if your not there early AM you can find yourself walking a mile to get there... here is a link to help answer some of your questions i hope...

http://battleofolustee.org/advice.htm

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well things coming together and cpl more guys have gotten involved with our group. and we have 1 location containing old home/barn, train tracks dating back to before WWI on private land. with history to the area its in. here are a cpl pics to enjoy

going back to shoot video/pics waiting on some cooler weather before we hit it with the coils/gear!!

area around old tracks
railroadtracksarea.jpg

area around old tracks
railroadtracks2.jpg

old well by old home location (family confirm location)
Oldwell.jpg

bottles in the woods ( pics an old coke bottle out, some were milk, other buried around the area. returning there real soon a we can have anything we find.)
oldbottles.jpg

old barn- family wants us to go through it, they will be tearing it down soon. makes me like american pickers from AandE..lol
oldbarn.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread