Is it hard to set up a hunt event?

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Salura

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m thinking metal detecting, I don’t know enough to set up an artifact hunt, I’m not even sure I know enough to set up a metal detecting event. I’ve never been to one, which is why I’m asking.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not especially hard, but can get pricey. First you need some people to help. Included in the help will be folks to organize, show up on site, set out the targets, mark boundaries, finish signing in people and then making sure they are gone at the end. I'd say maybe 10.

So after you get a crew together, you need a place to do it. Some clubs use state beaches upon prior arrangements. Note that most state places do not allow raffles, so using that as a means to get money back may be shot.

Then if it's private property, you'll need an insurance binder to cover "stuff" as that happens.

Plus if it's on private property you'll have to rent a set of porta potts and make a donation to the local EMS folks for on site assistance.

Then advertise.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be fun but does sound pricey unless you had a fee to go

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, always a fee. That's because unless you're dumping a collection this way, the stuff to be found has to come from somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread