Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal Detecting Conditions
Lifetime permits are granted for Metal Detecting at all eligible sites only.
Parents or guardians are responsible for signing applications for their minor children

An Orange County Parks and Recreation
Metal Detector Use Permit is required for individuals wishing to utilize a metal detector at approved
Orange County Parks and Recreation sites. To obtain a permit, please complete this form in full and forward it to

http://orangecountyfl.net/Portals/0...ure - parks/MetalDetectingGuidelines-CERT.pdf

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Permit is free

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're free, but it's only documenting you know the rules & regs. Yhey're tired of ticketing people & the court throws it out. Just be careful you don't knock any flowers off. Take pictures with the time stamp before & after so you can prove a kid left the hole not you. And to document you weren't there when the offence occured etc. As soon as they figure out there's enough interest to generate revenue thr fees will kick in.
Another example of your tax dollars hard at work.ı

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parts I Personally would want Clarified :

_______ I understand that all items found utilizing a metal detector must be reported to park staff.

_______
I understand that park staff may confiscate any item I have discovered if said item(s) have been reported as lost or stolen.

_______I understand that any item I have discovered that is deemed as a historical artifact may be kept by the park.

Must you visit at the end of each day to show them Your Finds ?
I understand either way there is a bit of Honor System involved on what you claim you found.
but if all ya found was some change & trash, if you don't find anything interesting do they still want to see ?

I Clarified with The State park here, and the ranger told me, only if I find something that could be considered historical
or returnable to the people who were displaced because of The power of eminent domain , and the park taking their homes from them.

So since I deemed all my finds not important, I never had to report them.

I'm sure no one wants a Visit asking, Why you never showed them any Finds ?
you Forget Batteries ? or just that Unlucky ? :coffee2:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread