Looking for hunting friend in Atlanta Ga. Area

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI guys, I know this is a today's finds area but more people visit this site than anyother site on this page. My buddy and I are going to be in the Atlanta area around Jan. 30 for a few days and we are looking for a place to metal detect. We would like to relic hunt if that is possible. We REALLY would like to find some Civil War artifacts. Do we need permitis to hunt in Ga. ? If we hunt on private property do we need a permit? We are also going to be in the Rutledge Ga. area doing some arrowhead hunting at a friend's farm. Thanks and HH, Ringfinder

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Well as I understand it now in Ga. You must have writen permission in hand, if you are hunting any land. That means a note signed by the property owner. Keep it in your pocket. This is just what I hear, I am not as up on laws as I was when I was in the policen business, but it never hurts. I live in South Ga, I would like to hunt with you guys but its a long drive for me. Wish I could help more. Hope you guys finds some points at least.

Saber

Z

Zack

I am only about an hour away, but im new to metal dtecting and dont know any good spots. I would like to hunt with yall but im only 15 so i dont know if yall wanted to hunt with me?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread