Found today

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
I found today that the state of Georgia is updating it's park uses rules for the next five years.

Go to www.GaStateParks.org

And let your opinion be known.

Tell the park managers that it would be good to open the parks to
recreational metal detecting, let them know that we pick a lot of metal garbage and that we are friendly to the environment. :)

How about that?

Thank You all
and have a Merry Christmas too.

Lou

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a good idea for any member from Georgia to send in their comments...it may set a positive precedent for the rest of the states (and provinces).

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
lou423 said:
Tell the park managers that it would be good to open the parks to
recreational metal detecting...
They don't allow metal detecting in GA state parks?!? What a bunch of horse doo-doo.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might not be a bad idea to have even non residents contact them, after all we do travel and detect in other states. I would also give them my age just to show we are adults wanting access to our parks to enjoy them the say way other groups get to do. Combined we remove tons of garbage from the sites we detect.

Inside the national forests here in Florida I can go in and shoot deer, and wild boar during hunting season, but I can't swing a metal detector. Something wrong there!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread