Idaho
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Thread: Idaho

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2008

Idaho

I am just curious if anyone knows of any notable areas to hunt in Idaho.

us
    Keep On Digg'in

May 2005
    Central Oregon
    Minelab etrac with sunray probe
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Idaho

All Over! Just moved to Washington from Emmett, was there for 8 months. Found all kinds of neat stuff Tokens, Standing, Seated, Indian Head, Coins. Do the research, knock on doors and ask permission. Joining a club will always give you the Info. you need people who have knowledge and enjoy the same hobby. You didn't say what part of Idaho, it's a big state with allot of history. If your near Boise check out The Boise Search and Recovery club, Orvin is the president and tell him Dave sent you.
    Dave Irwin
    Never be scared to ask Permission, the worst thing that can happen is a "No", but usually it's a "Yes".

Jun 2008

Thank you.

Currently I am just interested in prospecting. Specificially dredging and panning. Do you know of any good areas?

us
    Keep On Digg'in

May 2005
    Central Oregon
    Minelab etrac with sunray probe
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

i'm not sure on that but alot of members have claims they hunt gold for. You can try the GPA, I know theres gold up in the Boise Basin area.
    Never be scared to ask Permission, the worst thing that can happen is a "No", but usually it's a "Yes".

Dec 2007
    Culdesac, Idaho
    106 times

I hear the area around Murray, Idaho is pretty good. I haven't made it up there yet though.

Jun 2008

Thank you very much Allen. I am planning a road trip to there as we speak. I live in Boise so the commute is about 9 hours.

If anyone else knows of any places I would be appreciative if you shared them with me.

Dec 2007
    Culdesac, Idaho
    106 times

While you're heading up that way, you might want to make a stop over at the Star Garnet collection area. It is now open for the season. Might be good to try.

You can check the official website for directions and the days they are open. Here's the address.

http://www.fs.fed.us/ipnf/rec/activi...ets/index.html

us
    Mar 2005

go here! http://thelongestlistofthelongeststu...easures14.html
    You'll find, # Outside Boise, along the south side of Boise River the goods stolen from a stagecoach holdup.
    # Somewhere north of Boise, a strongbox from a stagecoach is hidden with $50,000 inside.
    # Southwest of Idaho Falls close to Mud Lake, the loot from a Wells Fargo stage hold-up can be found.
    # A stagecoach was held-up in 1865 and the l$100,000 was hidden in McCammon in Bannock County.
    # No one knows the exact amount that the Henry Plummer gang buried in Beaver Canyon close to Spencer in Clark County.
    # And last but not least is Virgil Brumbach’s Gold Certificates. These were lost east of Saint Maries in Shoshone County in Soldier’s Canyon.
    Also a few more to look into
    Luck to ya,
    Josh

Sponsored Links