Collinsville, IL. St.Louis Metro Area

CrazyHorse

Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone just joined this site.

I live in Collinsville, IL. and I'm looking to meet other metal detecting and treasure hunting enthusiast. I'm new to metal detecting so looking for a partner for mentoring and just hunting together.

I have been searching but I cannot find any clubs to join in Southern Illinois so I'm trying to get a bunch of us from this area in attempts to start our own club.

I may be a newbie to metal detecting but I bring a pretty good background with minor archaeology and historical research plus a passion for this.

I am very easy going, easy to get along with and laid back so please if you live in this area and have an interest don't hesitate let's get this going, thanks to all who reply :)

JGRDHS

Feb 4, 2011
Belleville IL
In case my PM doesnt find you, I'm in the area and would definetely be game for some detecting. If my contact info didn't find you, PM me, and we can exchange info.

-James

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse

Jan 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi James, sorry I didn't get your PM I'll try sending you one hopefully that will work.

flintchasr

Oct 13, 2010
illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Boots and walking stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am near the collinsville area and would love to join a club or help get one started or even just have someone to hunt with. Drop me a PM and let me know what you guys have got started.

Jim

sgriffith59

Nov 19, 2007
Staunton IL 62088
Detector(s) used
White MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, everyone wants to get together but seems no responses.? I am still trying to form a small club or just a get together for searches and exchange of ideas and stories.

Reppie2roo

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2013
Glen Carbon, IL
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined Treasurenet. I live in Glen Carbon, and want to get into this. I am a complete newbie, don't even own a metal detector yet.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a great idea. I am all for it I live ine edwardsville and I have to tell ya I did really well in the city park in staunton.
I picked over $50 in clad and a $40 gold ring. I did it in 3 days.

I guess we could send each guy one here a message and pick a time and place to meet for coffee of something. I am free all the time with the exception of Feb I will be in mexico for a month.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Club or get togethers

I am all for forming a club or planned get togethers to discss detecting. We could even plan outings or share places to hunt. I think we all know that no matter how much you hunt you never cover it all.

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a great club in St. Louis called Midwest Coinshooters. I have hunted with them several times. I have had them hunt on my ground in Southern Illinois.
Midwest Coin Shooters

Last edited:

Reppie2roo

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2013
Glen Carbon, IL
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live in Glen Carbon. I just bought a MD online. Should be at the house in 7-10 days. I would be interested in meeting someone with some experience to go detecting once it gets here.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Edwardsville and would be happy to go out with you sometime. I am no expert by any means but I have close to 500 hours of experience. Metal detecting is like so many other things one does, it takes practice. It can be discouraging because rarely does one make a significant find. I have had days where I found over $20 and my worst day i found one cent.

Reppie2roo

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2013
Glen Carbon, IL
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Edwardsville and would be happy to go out with you sometime. I am no expert by any means but I have close to 500 hours of experience. Metal detecting is like so many other things one does, it takes practice. It can be discouraging because rarely does one make a significant find. I have had days where I found over $20 and my worst day i found one cent.
I downloaded the user manual for the MD I bought. I am reading it, and it seems pretty understandable. Still it would be nice to have someone with more experience tell me what I am doing right or wrong.

sgriffith59

Nov 19, 2007
Staunton IL 62088
Detector(s) used
White MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, are we going to get together on this? I am in Staunton Il use a White's MXT.
Small town here, we can probably meet at the Library here and get things going.
My email is [email protected] and my number is 217-710-5271.
I am retired so have lots of time lol.

Roadrunner56

Mar 6, 2012
Glen Carbon, IL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone, I'd like very much to join a local Metal Detecting Club. I live in Glen Carbon, IL. I use a Whites Prizm IV detector. I can be reached here or at [email protected]. Please get in touch with me ASAP to let me know if anyone has started a new club locally. I used to be a member of the Midwest Coin Shooters & Historical Club a few years ago. I also have a friend at work who might like to join as well. I noticed that the posts here are mostly from back in 2013...Here it is 2017, so if you want me to organize this I have no problem with that, just write to me and submit all your contact details and your availability to form our first meeting when we can get together for coffee and donuts, plan and schedule times to meet on a monthly basis, etc. Your talent, skills and knowledge will be greatly appreciated in this effort. Please let me know if you have any background in History, Archaeology or any other pertinent subjects that may add to our club. If you would like to be our Secretary or Treasurer, let me know that as well.Thank you all in advance! "Josh" : [email protected]

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread