Evansville, Indiana

Dbeard77

Sep 18, 2003
Indiana
Does anyone know of any detecting clubs in or around Evansville, Indiana? I found a reference to ( Lincoln Heritage Treasure Hunters) on this site and have tried to email them and even went to the place they meet but no one was there. Does it still exist? Are there any other clubs around? I'm interested in talking with others from my area and possibly go on some outtings.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I don't know of any clubs but you can look at the dealer lists in any treasure magazine and contact those in your area for information. If there are any clubs they will know the details and times of meetings. Exanimo, ss

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I tried to email that club president twice but haven't gotten any replies. I live in Mt. Vernon and was curious to find out what was involved in a club. If I hear any more I'll be sure to contact you.

Jan 17, 2005
DBeard:

I'm 37 yrs old and grew up in Evansville and I have never heard about a club there. I'm now in Indianapolis and visit Evansville probably 3-4 times a year to see my parents. I don't know of an active club up here either. It seems us Hoosier detectorists aren't ones for gathering.

Though I'm in Indy, I do want to start finding places outside of Indy to detect, but I don't get the time to do the research or to gather the permissions I need. So I get stuck hitting schools and parks around here. Maybe one day I'll get my wish and snag a job that gives me 30 weeks of vacation and 100 holidays a year . . . I'm not holding my breath though!

Good luck and maybe you might think of forming a new club down there in Evansville. I'm positive there are some awesome hunting sites down there too!

Indypinpointer

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
Lincoln Heritage Treasure Hunters does exist. I'm on the email list, if you're still interested let me know and I'll forward their meeting times and where. I haven't been able to make it to one of their meetings yet but hope to this month. Dan

S

sudamar

They meet once a month at the new Vanderburgh County Library in downtown Evansville. I'm not sure what day, but know it is during the first week of each month. For some reason, they no longer send out a newsletter, but the club should still be a great place to meet others interested in the same hobby. If you get back to me I can find out the day and time of the meetings. Sudamar

METAL

Jul 18, 2005
WE HAVE A CLUB HERE IN PRINCETON INDIANA. T.R.R.R.A. (THREE RIVERS RESEARCH AND RECOVERY) WAS FORMED IN 1992 AND HAVE RECENTLY STARTED HAVING MEETINGS AGAIN. WE ARE PLANNING A HUNT FOR THE FALL AND IS WORTH ATTENDING.HERE IS THE LINK TO OUR WEBSITE IN WHICH YOU CAN CONTACT US THERE.http://www.freewebs.com/3rrar/ OUR FEE FOR JOINING IS ONLY $10.00 A YEAR.

Truetone30

Greenie
Apr 22, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone, You can call me josh, I am a 30 year old male and have been working on starting a club for the southern part of indiana. Southern Indiana Metal Detecting Club or SIMDC for short. With Winter close to us I will be working to have meetings to go over ideas,group hunts for next year, rules to join ect. If you belive you would like to join SIMDC please let me know by sending me a tell on here or stop to say hello on a website i visit at www.metaldetectory.com my name on there is truetone30. Best of luck and HH~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread