OP
OP
drodda777

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
Wow there are others here in Iowa, I was about to give up on finding anyone else here. Maybe we could find something half way between you and I to hunt? You are 2 hours west of me, Stuart or guthrie center would be about half way. Pm me if you know of somewhere to hunt in this area or even in your area.

Thanks for taking the time to reply also.

HH,

Dave

ozzie2

Greenie
Nov 30, 2008
Thornton, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,M6,Prizm5
I tried to start a metal detecting club in the Mason City ,Iowa area last year but could not get anybody signed up so I am open for dirt fishing.

deano

Oct 25, 2008
sioux city ,iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus 2, Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 900, Nokta Makro Legend, Nokta Makro Simplex
I am in Sioux City and always welcome fellow Mders. We have a club and a few of us hit the road now and then too. Sioux City has a rich history and I have many good spots to hunt, public and private property access. Also check out our website, it's new so you might have to check in later when the season is in full swing. http://smdac.boardhost.com/ Just PM me if you are ever interested and are in the area.
Deano

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got ya buddy as soon as the snow is gone. Did you score any oldies in pocket change instead.

Digger Stan

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2010
Hi
Ill go i live in central Iowa close to Dubuque. I just got my detector yesterday 3/25/10. I still dont how to use it but working on it.
Stan :icon_thumright:

hugepossum

Jan 26, 2009
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero ; Discovery TF-900
I have come to the conclusion that each area of Iowa has exactly one metal detectoist. I got dibs on eastern.

southwest is open at this time, and central is contested by two guys.

taz in omaha ne

Mar 15, 2009
Omaha Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White's XLT E-Series Metal Detector + Garrett MH ADS-7 + Garrett GTA-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL i gotta agree with ya it seems there is only 1 person in the state that detects. Guess im a traitor then i live in Omaha NE yet i detect in Iowa go figure lol

maceman66

Mar 29, 2009
SE Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Se Iowa and am always up for a hunt or 2!!

dogcaught

Mar 2, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II sunray x-1 probe
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Vanquish 540
hugepossum said:
I have come to the conclusion that each area of Iowa has exactly one metal detectoist. I got dibs on eastern.

southwest is open at this time, and central is contested by two guys.

Southwest IA has been decimated by the Horton Bros., see one of Randy's three 1877 injuns in the banner at the bottom of this page, all from SW IA. The only detecting shortage in western IA is of unhunted sites. Gotta be creative around here. JJ

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad and I have Northwest Iowa covered, well us and a few others.

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drodda777 said:
Wow there are others here in Iowa, I was about to give up on finding anyone else here. Maybe we could find something half way between you and I to hunt? You are 2 hours west of me, Stuart or guthrie center would be about half way. Pm me if you know of somewhere to hunt in this area or even in your area.

Thanks for taking the time to reply also.

HH,

Dave

Drodda 777 there is the Stuart Speedway..been there since about 1960..not sure who owns it anymore but you could find out. I personally have never hunted the area but should be some good finds !

djblenda

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2013
Mason City, IA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Whites Surfmaster II
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Mason City! I'm down with it!

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I'm from South Central Iowa and would be up for driving and doing a group hunt this spring.

Adrian

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with you on this. I live in Buena Vista County and there doesn't seem to be anyone close to me besides in Sioux City and that is still an hour and a half drive, Fort Dodge is about the same, Mason City is about the same distance as well. Des moines is about 4 hours, Then there is the whole east and south that I am atleast 3 hours from. I am isolated here and it kinda sucks and a bit lonely. I try to get my friends involved but they don't seem to want to "waste" there time swinging a detector. But anyways I have dibs on BV county.

bettendorfJoe

Jan 23, 2013
Quad Cities (Iowa/Illinois)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Quad Cities here! Don't have a detector yet but I'ma working on it! I'll let you know when I do so I can get in the history books!

BettendorfJoe...Still searching for my "DREAM FIND"!

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
I am minutes from des moines. New to the hobby but have a detector. I would love to join and am willing to drive.

JasoninIowa

Nov 16, 2012
Ankeny Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey wouldtick i'm in Ankeny so I cant be to far from ya. I would be in for a group hunt as soon as the snow is gone.

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sounds like fun. We could hunt one of the larger parks in Des Moines. I made a 1917 kmz overlay of the city so I know which parks are older. Anybody else have any thoughts on a location?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread