Central Iowa

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I'm from Thor. Its about 20 miles northeast of Fort Dodge. Would love to have somebody to hunt with and to spur me on. I dont go mding much anymore as I get discouraged. And I also have a new baby that doesnt let me.

Tony_ia

Sep 22, 2009
Altoona, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Altoona here....but I will go as far as my wallet will allow to go beepin'. Since I drive a Jeep I enjoy the remote locations...Jeepin' is my other hobby, as a member of the Jeep Outdoor Club of Central Iowa. I like to pull the doors off and cruise to my spots on a nice day.
As long as I got fuel in my tank I would love to meet up with some other Iowa folks for a day of diggin some old sites.
Parks, fair grounds, fields, old homes....whatever, the older the better!

Highhorse

Jan 28, 2009
I am from Fort Dodge. Just lost my job at the Mill and have time to go out now. Anybody nearby want to teach a Virgin metal detector ?I have 4 acres of 110 year old homestead we could start on !

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I do. I do. I do. I'm from Thor and my name is Scott Vitzthum. I would love to have somebody to detect with. And hey guess what-I'm unemployed too. Going on about 4 months now.

My number is 368-0125. Give me a buzz if you want.

thebratguy

Aug 20, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa
Tony_ia said:
Altoona here....but I will go as far as my wallet will allow to go beepin'. Since I drive a Jeep I enjoy the remote locations...Jeepin' is my other hobby, as a member of the Jeep Outdoor Club of Central Iowa. I like to pull the doors off and cruise to my spots on a nice day.
As long as I got fuel in my tank I would love to meet up with some other Iowa folks for a day of diggin some old sites.
Parks, fair grounds, fields, old homes....whatever, the older the better!

I thought I recognized your pic Tony...
I'm a CI4WI member...

south of Ames here....

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got me Im in Missouri Valley, IA (Western IA) I do hang out with Taz and Dogcaught, G :hello:goose, and others but gladly welcome newbies. Only problem its going to have to what till Summer 2011 after I get back from Afghanistan. Later Terry

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did live in Mt. Pleasant Iowa however I moved family to Des Moines shortly before my deployment to Afghanistan.. so when I return in 2011 I will be ready for some Detecting.

Jazdo

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jazdo got the email and yes Ill see you in 2011 and we can get going on some detecting again. Later man

KJW

Dec 8, 2010
Dr. Ace said:
There's four of us in the Pella/Knoxville/Marysville area.

Dr. Ace
]

I am from Oskaloosa! My brother and I would like to meet you guys sometime next spring. My grandpa is a relic hunter and has been for 40-50 years. My brother and I are just starting.

Kris

jlelliott3

Mar 22, 2011
I am in Panora. I am just getting started in this hobby, I hit the local beach on Sunday and found a silver ring first time out, yeah!

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jlelliott3 said:
I am in Panora. I am just getting started in this hobby, I hit the local beach on Sunday and found a silver ring first time out, yeah!

Good job..there are some good spots,and old homes in Panora. Have you tried the Woolen Mill Park area along the river ?

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
last post was from VA, now in montezuma IA north of oskaloosa south of tama betwixt des moines and ia city. gotta get a new adapter for my headphones, and fix my car up a bit, but willing to travel to oski/tama/montezuma if anyones interested come spring time.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from the Storm Lake area in north west Iowa. I havent MD in a while but I would love to get back into it. Also interested in relics. Anyone in my area want to go out hunting?

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arnofarrell said:
I am from the Storm Lake area in north west Iowa. I havent MD in a while but I would love to get back into it. Also interested in relics. Anyone in my area want to go out hunting?
I'm up by Algona. There's a club in the Northwest section I was gonna meet up with. You should contact member deano. He says he'd gladly welcome us. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions