Pike County Kentucky

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Prestonsburg. Not too far away from you.

JOE-DIRTDIGGER

Jan 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hatfield and mccoy territory isnt it

kywildcat

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im in Nicholasville. Maybe we could hunt your area sometime together, and you could come up this way sometime. Im originally from Whitesburg.

Sithscorch

Sep 23, 2012
I'm a newbie too. I live very close to you in Grapevine near Feds Creek. I just joined this site to find some more people that are trying to hunt this area. I have a Tesoro metal detector (nothing all that great) I have only looked a few places finding clad money and one older brooch/pin. I am not from this are originally so I don't know a lot of the history or where things used to be. I am interested in meeting up with some others that might give me some leads as to where to hunt. Not looking to quit my job or anything it's just about the thrill of the hunt for me. I have a friend from church that I just found out that he is interested in looking for the same as me. He has his own detector too and we looked on his families land to find that pin. We also found the old fence line judging from all the nails. Haha. If you are interested in meeting up send me a message.

hoochyhunter

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from belfry also....looking for ppl to hunt with....I'm doing research now trying to find places to hunt in the area

hoochyhunter

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah.....national geo just found the McCoy house site where the Hatfields shot and killed a couple of McCoy

gprater

Dec 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just getting back into the hobby and live in Pikeville. I teach at BHS :)

browneyes6

Jan 26, 2013
Rural Southeastern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hatfields & McCoys are my kin. My Father, rest his soul, told me about both sides of them families being related to both my Mother's & Father's family trees. I've been doing some genealogy research of my own over the last year & a half, trying to track their relationship to me through my family tree. I've had some progress but still working on it...so many years of history to unravel! ;)

hoochyhunter

Tenderfoot
Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm related to the Hatfield's... My great great great grandfather was the sheriff that arrested the McCoy boys

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM me I live just above belfry in pond creek :)) What do you guys & gals like to hunt for coin's, relics or other I am a silver nut myself")

KY PI

Sep 19, 2011
Northeastern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
I'm just up north of you all.......I live in Elliott County between Grayson and Sandy Hook, KY. My main interest is relic hunting and I'm currently researching Union General George Morgan's retreat from the Pound Gap with his 10,000 troops. He fought CSA Col John Hunt Morgan's 1000 troops all thru this area. If you all ever want to get together and hunt just let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread