GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,

I'm new to the sport, but looking to get started. I do not have a MD yet, but have my eyes on one along with a pointer. I know that the odds are not in my favor to find something to recoup the cost, but that's ok.

I'm just looking for something to do with my free time and someone or a group to hunt with and help teach me the sport. Tips about locations to hunt etc.

Any takers?

OP
OP
G

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No rush, I just ordered my MD this morning after watching videos all night on YouTube. Primary focus for me is in and around Lexington. I'm looking into other areas in southeastern KY as well, but that's for a different day!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Here ya go.....

Attachments

• txu-pclmaps-topo-ky-georgetown-1906.jpg
    txu-pclmaps-topo-ky-georgetown-1906.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 285

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I also have the Sanborn Fire Maps for downtown Lexington (1886) but I can't figure out how to post PDF files from my hard drive to a thread here on Tnet.....

OP
OP
G

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the links, I will have to check them out later tonight when I get time. I'll send you a PM shortly w/ my email if you are still willing to share the pdf's.

Brian T. Booth

Feb 28, 2013
Glasgow KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Eureka Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No rush, I just ordered my MD this morning after watching videos all night on YouTube. Primary focus for me is in and around Lexington. I'm looking into other areas in southeastern KY as well, but that's for a different day!

Howdy GreatEIb,

Welcome to treasure net. Where are you wanting to hunt in southeastern KY. I'm from Corbin. I moved to Glasgow KY three years ago, but I do visit often. I'm fairly new to metal detecting. If you want to organize a hunt just let me know.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting,

Brian T. Booth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread