Will be visiting Louisville April 4-6

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
I'm a T-net from Wi and I just found out that my wife has been assigned to an army unit in Louisville and we will be going there the 4th through the 6th of April. Since I have nothing to do with the army, and I have not detected since last October since we still have snow here, I intend on going detecting all 3 days. I would appreciate any info on group hunts or locations to hunt. Better off if anybody was available to show me around. PJ

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Hey fella, did ya'll get any PMs regarding your trip to Louisville, KY?

Cavers5

OP
OP
P

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Hello cavers5. You are the only one to answer my message. I just got off work so I did not see your message until now. We will be leaving by 9 am on Thursday so I will take another look for replies before we leave.

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Hi,

I'm sorry, I just logged on. I do not know Louisville very well, although I do know they were doing a lot of construction downtown. I did speak with a construction worker about permission for detecting and, of course, he stated I would have to speak to the boss who was supposed to be back within an hour or two. As usual, that would have been all the time I had to detect because I was there for a dr. appt., so I was out of luck. Maybe you can check on that?

Also, there is a lot of private property for sale on the outskirts of Louisville. You may be able to call a realtor out of the blue and ask if they have any properties that you can get permission to hunt on. It might take a few phone calls, but I bet you can line up a really good property to hunt.

Ain't much, but if you get to check this, hope it gives you an idea or two.

Good luck,
Cavers5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread