New Orleans Metro area Hunting Club

Big Ken

Mar 13, 2008
I find it hard to fathom that with all the Th'ers around this area that there is not a club within' shooting distance. If I am wrong please let me know. It may be worth the time to form one from the hunters I know personally. Just not sure if I could do it solo. Let me know what you local guys think. Thanks, Ken

Spookchaser

Sep 2, 2011
Hello! Read your note re: No Club. Just wondering if you've had any luck in finding/organising one. I have been M-D'ing for years...in the Lake Charles area from whence I hail. I've been in the NOLA area since the mid '90's but have just recently purchased several instruments (Garrett GTI 2500 w/treasure hound, Garrett Infinium LS with Power DD eliptical coil, and two Bounty Hunter Pilots) for a return trip to L.C. for a week or so in search of a Spanish treasure trove buried by an ancestor on his way back to NOLA (the Spanish capitol at the time) from searching for the fabled city of Chibola in Mexico. My late grandfather put me on to it some years ago. Hope to be able to made this trip before long, but in the meantime, my instruments sit idle. --Rod

flatbuttonman

Dec 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Ken said:
I find it hard to fathom that with all the Th'ers around this area that there is not a club within' shooting distance. If I am wrong please let me know. It may be worth the time to form one from the hunters I know personally. Just not sure if I could do it solo. Let me know what you local guys think. Thanks, Ken
I am moving into the New Orleans area in early Feb 2012 i will b looking 4 new hunting buddies i have been coin/relic hunting four 35 years n enjoy it still 2 this day . I hope 2 see a club up n running so i can join ,most of the fun 4 me is being with friends while i enjoy the sport. Some times the journey is as much fun as the findes!!!!!!
Flatbuttenman

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't heard of any clubs here and have never actually seen any other detectorists around either, I know there are some though. Msg me when you get down here and we'll see about going hunting.

cmich143

Jan 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some detecting when I was a kid with a buddy's detector.....Well this year for Christmas, my son bought me my very own Bounty Hunter detector and I'm like a kid again....I can't get enough of it. If you guys wouldn't mind, I would love to go hunting with y'all. Have been playing around some parks and such but really want to find some good areas. Let me know guys. Thanks

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cmich143 said:
I did some detecting when I was a kid with a buddy's detector.....Well this year for Christmas, my son bought me my very own Bounty Hunter detector and I'm like a kid again....I can't get enough of it. If you guys wouldn't mind, I would love to go hunting with y'all. Have been playing around some parks and such but really want to find some good areas. Let me know guys. Thanks

Where are you located?

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are three of us detecting here now that I know of, I'm planning to go out again after Mardi Gras ends, and if I can get something set up, I'll post it here.

Apr 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there are a few people in the New Orleans area that would be interested in doing a hunt or at least a meet-up. Lets try to make something happen.

SwampDog35

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

I have been intrested in MDing for years and have just recently aquired a MD. Looking to gather more information about this hobby and meet up with some other enthusist. I'm in the Chalmette area.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi SwampDog, We may be heading out hunting this weekend, I think it'll be good after all this rain. Probably nowhere too exciting, maybe City Park or around Bayou St. John. If we get it set up. I'll shoot you a message and post the plan here.

SwampDog35

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ken,

Sounds awesome. I've got a few areas in mind around the Chalmette / Meraux area. Only thing is all the Dang Katrina mud under the surface. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk 2

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is that full of trash or just hard to get through? I've hunted a few flood areas and not really had much of a problem, just lots of nails and trash from the houses coming apart to deal with.

Donnie0786

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like there are a few people in the New Orleans area that would be interested in doing a hunt or at least a meet-up. Lets try to make something happen.

I am new to this hobby and located in the New Orleans area also. I actually bought my detector from a local dealer, who actually has a rather large MT relic hunting club in this area. I would love to meet up and hunt some treasure with you guys. If any of you are interested I can get you more info on my new club.

Donnie

SwampDog35

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys. I'm definetely intrested if you all strike up a meet. The MD that I got from a co-worker has crapped out on me. So I'm looking at buying a new one. Only problem is which one?.. I am very impressed with the Fisher F2... Any other reccomedations? Thanks.

Donnie0786

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SwampDog35 said:
Hey guys. I'm definetely intrested if you all strike up a meet. The MD that I got from a co-worker has crapped out on me. So I'm looking at buying a new one. Only problem is which one?.. I am very impressed with the Fisher F2... Any other reccomedations? Thanks.

I love my White's Coinmaster Pro. Very user friendly and easy to learn. I just started a few weeks ago and am already getting great finds! I paid about $280 for mine from a local dealer.

Ants

Greenie
Oct 14, 2012
Is there no one out there from the New Orleans area. I'm new to the hunt and live in Westwego.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread