Unsolved 1982 New Orleans treasure hunt - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Unsolved 1982 New Orleans treasure hunt

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Update: I've learned there's been quite a lot of digging in various areas around New Orleans, but none include digging in the Basin Street median. I'm actually not sure where to dig yet, but I think there's ample reason to look for a spot somewhere along Basin Street.

To anyone interested in piecing together the NOLA solution, please contact me. Thanks.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    Update (again): I have an exact dig spot for anyone interested in making a dig plan. Please contact me if interested.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Jun 2016
    1 times
    Hey Erexere I've been following this thread for awhile since I drive by the area weakly. Made a account to let you know I would be happy to assist in a dig, drop me a line.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    NolaTyler, thanks for your interest. Maybe we can make this happen. I'll PM you details. My theory and conclusions have undergone a lot of changes so be prepared.
    Last edited by Erexere; Jun 18, 2016 at 01:10 PM.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    With measuring tape, I need someone to verify the following out in front of the St. Louis Cemetery No. 1:

1) exactly how high (inches) is the pedestal of the Morazan statue? (measure from the bottom of his shoes to the level of the cement at the base)
    2) southwest of the statue, how many inches high is the 4-step run?
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    I am sure I have the correct dig spot. Finally. Does anyone in New Orleans wish to participate?
    Mels05toy and 45th_Johnny like this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    Nobody has followed up with me on this treasure spot. Could be people disagree or they dont have any idea of the return for their time and trouble to dig and repair a small patch of grass.

Here are two angles on the spot, both follow basic lines. There is the parallel of the 1st stair step meeting the retaining wall geometry. Visually it doesnt look convincing as a solve to the puzzle, but it satisfies more of the poem and visuals than anything anyone has put forth.

One of the most simple twists on this turquoise jewel of France themed painting is that this Central American statue is named "Francisco". Its plaque says he was installed on Oct 21st 1966 (In the middle of twenty one) and if we take the height of the four stairs reference, then we easily can conclude the number of stair steps that would be needed for the statue to "walk down to the ground" (fifteen rows down to the ground).

I recommend someone dig this spot to about 20-24 inches and find the plastic encased clay pot. Post pics here and see about reclaiming a jewel prize or consider keeping or selling the clay pot which some would consider collectable.

releventchair and 45th_Johnny like this.

Sep 2016
    1 times
    Hello,

I am new to this site. I was researching New Orleans and discovered this post. I live walking distance to this location. Has anything been found yet? There have been major construction project surrounding this area but nothing on this spot.

Thanks,

Andrew
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    Hi AndrewNOLA. I don't believe anyone has attempted to apply my latest theory. I'd be thrilled if you would dig at that spot where the stair-line intersects the line off the wall off that corner. PM me if you'd like to discuss any specifics.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    Update: as far as I know, nobody has attempted a dig in corner area of grass near the steps beyond the Morazan statue. Over the past 3 months, two people have voiced their interest, but no set plan to dig has been reported from their end. The invitation is open to anyone interested.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    Anyone have recommendation for a good GPR service? I will pay for 6-10 linear feet of mapping.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times

I think the V being pointed out by the 12-hands means "go straight to where the V points". The V points directly to a spot on the ground a few feet to the left of the plaque.

The yellow line is a spot exactly fifteen measures distant in terms of the stairs just to the left. Someone could verify this with respect to either the tread or rise using a tape measure.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Seeker/Finder

Dec 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    1 times
    A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

We will keep you informed of our progress. The placement of the map is near completion. Orientation is the last step.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

us
    May 2013
    Eugene, Oregon
    25 times
    I withdraw my request for assistance. It's recently been brought to my attention that someone else has a much better suggestion/process leading to the location.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Feb 2018
    2 times
    We are casual treasure hunters in Louisiana. We are planning on hunting in New Orleans in April, 2018 and would be appreciative of any recent info that might assist that hunt.
    45th_Johnny likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links