Unsolved 1982 New Orleans treasure hunt

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody has followed up with me on this treasure spot. Could be people disagree or they dont have any idea of the return for their time and trouble to dig and repair a small patch of grass.

Here are two angles on the spot, both follow basic lines. There is the parallel of the 1st stair step meeting the retaining wall geometry. Visually it doesnt look convincing as a solve to the puzzle, but it satisfies more of the poem and visuals than anything anyone has put forth.

One of the most simple twists on this turquoise jewel of France themed painting is that this Central American statue is named "Francisco". Its plaque says he was installed on Oct 21st 1966 (In the middle of twenty one) and if we take the height of the four stairs reference, then we easily can conclude the number of stair steps that would be needed for the statue to "walk down to the ground" (fifteen rows down to the ground).

I recommend someone dig this spot to about 20-24 inches and find the plastic encased clay pot. Post pics here and see about reclaiming a jewel prize or consider keeping or selling the clay pot which some would consider collectable.

AndrewNOLA

Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I am new to this site. I was researching New Orleans and discovered this post. I live walking distance to this location. Has anything been found yet? There have been major construction project surrounding this area but nothing on this spot.

Thanks,

Andrew

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi AndrewNOLA. I don't believe anyone has attempted to apply my latest theory. I'd be thrilled if you would dig at that spot where the stair-line intersects the line off the wall off that corner. PM me if you'd like to discuss any specifics.:thumbsup:

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update: as far as I know, nobody has attempted a dig in corner area of grass near the steps beyond the Morazan statue. Over the past 3 months, two people have voiced their interest, but no set plan to dig has been reported from their end. The invitation is open to anyone interested.

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone have recommendation for a good GPR service? I will pay for 6-10 linear feet of mapping.

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think the V being pointed out by the 12-hands means "go straight to where the V points". The V points directly to a spot on the ground a few feet to the left of the plaque.

The yellow line is a spot exactly fifteen measures distant in terms of the stairs just to the left. Someone could verify this with respect to either the tread or rise using a tape measure.

Mark X

Dec 2, 2016
New Orleans, LA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!

We will keep you informed of our progress. The placement of the map is near completion. Orientation is the last step.

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I withdraw my request for assistance. It's recently been brought to my attention that someone else has a much better suggestion/process leading to the location.

suzyfontenot

Feb 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are casual treasure hunters in Louisiana. We are planning on hunting in New Orleans in April, 2018 and would be appreciative of any recent info that might assist that hunt.

suzyfontenot

Feb 8, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are very interested in New Orleans dig? Have you had success as of yet. We plan a trip to there soon and would love to participate!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this Sounds Familiar. Are you talking about The Secret ?, published in the 1982

watch
Season 4, Episode 4
The Secret
oooaaa.jpg
Josh travels all over the US to find the treasures featured in The Secret, a cryptic book published in the 1980s. He meets with members of the book's cult following, who each think they're on the verge of finding one of the 10 remaining treasures.

If you Haven't
Season 4, Episode 4
The Secret
http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/expedition-unknown/episodes

Josh travels all over the US to find the treasures featured in The Secret, a cryptic book published in the 1980s. He meets with members of the book's cult following, who each think they're on the verge of finding one of the 10 remaining treasures..

you can watch it for Free on OnDemand

DSCF0002.JPG

or watch it here

Last edited:

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're welcome. Glad you're interested, but getting our grandkids into this old hunt might be a mistake. I'm just thinking they might become as obsessed with this hunt as myself and then they won't get any of their schoolwork done on time.

I want to apologize also, because I noticed in my past posts that my picture links were broken. I spent some time cleaning up and reoganizing my photobucket account. It's still a mess. ONe of these days I hope to get it down just to the fun stuff and the essentials.

Erexere

May 6, 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello - Any updates? I live in New Orleans and my neighbor and I are interested. Please let me know.

Hi. Not sure if you're asking me specifically. I don't wish to share any updates on this location. I have been working for awhile with someone. I can't say we are 100% sure about anything, but when we set travel plans to NOLA, I think we would be happy to assemble with a group of locals. I'll know more in about a month.

googles123

Apr 19, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those that might be interested or haven't seen these yet.. the location might have been found:

(video of solve breakdown)
(video of possible casque)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread