In Baton Rouge Louisiana and New to MDing any advice as far as locally?

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Lafayette and there is club there. They meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Kung Fu Chinese Buffet.

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello there. I'm a member of the Pelican Relic and Recovery Association that dustyspurs is reffering to. We meet the third Tuesday of the month at Kung Fu Chinese Restaurant 1823 South Sherwood Forest Blvd. Baton Rouge. Come check us out. Ron.

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OOOPS! Forgot to mention the time. The meeting begins a 7pm. Most everyone comes eariler(6ish) to eat ,and enter their finds in several different catagories for the find of the month. Just ask for Ron, the deaf guy. They will know of whom you speak.

llyons

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, Do you guys still meet?

I am fascinated by searching with a metal detector for older items that perhaps have history. Old coins, etc.

I just picked up my first detector and would like to come and join you guys and see if I can learn something.

Do you all still meet?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Lafayette and there is club there. They meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at the Kung Fu Chinese Buffet.

Love it! Kung Fu Buffet.

Reminds me, I need to make an appearance at my local MD club...

S.HOEFER

Sep 2, 2012
Saint Gabriel, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Garrett ACE 150,
Garrett ACE 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fairly new to Baton Rouge area looking for others to Metal Detect with. My wife and I haven't had much luck in this area...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread