In Baton Rouge looking for good civil war cites

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research is the key, you can start at the library. I know there are hundreds of places in the Baton Rouge area, I have been to several when I was at LSU. Remember there is no such thing as a hunted out area, technology has made so many leaps in metal detectors over the years that it been shown it is impossible to find everything.

I started metal detecting with $35.00 Jetco and search an old plantation near my house. I found a gold pocket watch and a few other items. I purchased a newer Jetco went to the same place and started finding old coins and an anvil. We cant all afford a ground penetrating radar setup, buy the best you can afford. By the time I stopped I had the best setups Garret had to offer.

Charles Garrett was or is (not sure if he is still alive) an engineer who happened to be a treasure hunter and was always pushing the limits on his detectors.

Whites was another brand that some of my friends used. I am not trying to push any one line of detectors, ask your friends what is best.

Join a local club it is more fun with friends.

Johnny

I do not know what is out there now. but I know it has to be better then what I had in 2004.

Last edited:

jlundberg

Aug 31, 2011
Hey there.

Need to get back at it. aka: Need to get a life... ;)

I have a Garrett 250 which has been nice to me. looking to upgrade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread