Possible info

serb535

Sep 10, 2004
cleveland ohio
Detector(s) used
whites prizm III
depending on where you are going theres always beach hunting. scarborough and old orchard beach are good tourist spots and allow detecting, at least the did 2 yrs ago when i lived there. also i think it Fort Williams in portland is open to detecting. as with any place I'd check fist with local authority's. hope you enjoy your vist! serb

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Littlebird, do let us know what area you're heading to. I live 10 minutes from the southern coastal tip of Maine and would glad to help... but its a big state. -Ben

OP
OP
littlebird13

littlebird13

Feb 21, 2006
UPSTATE N.Y.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Where we're going probably would help LOL We will be staying in the Bar Harbor area but will be traveling down route 1. So anything along that area would be great.

Thanks again for the help,

Kenny (littlebird13)

dalonz

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2005
Oakland , Florida
Detector(s) used
AU21X, Excalibur 1000, Whites Spectra V3
I lived in York Village Maine ( southern) tip. Best place to detect in my opinion is Short Sands Beach, next to Animal Kingdom and Goldenrod Kisses ( yummmmmm!!) Also Long sands, and or york Harbor beach. Hope this helps. Lonnie

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Well, I think we're several months too late to help littlebird... but I've gotta' agree short sands in York is great. And I've always enjoyed watching the old salt water taffy machines at work. Welcome Lonnie!

karl24k

May 30, 2005
Llittlebird13,
Hello, I go by Karl24k, I live about 20 miles north of MDI(bar harbor). There are a few spots on the island to hunt:1- Hadley Point off route US3 at the northeast part of MDI(beach).
2-Seal Harbor beach in Seal Harbor, it's small but I have found 2 gold rings and several coins,1900-2006 a few pre 1964.DON'T even think about SAND BEACH it's Part of ACADIA NATIONAL PARK and "NO DETECTING IS ALLOWED AT ANY ACADIA NATIONAL PARK LOCATION" THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MACHINE...3-there is a very small beach by the town pier in Bar Harbor,I have found coins & rings there and they allow you to hunt on the beach,but not the park next to it..you can also try rest areas,lake beaches(off the Island),the area around boat ramps at most lakes.GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING..Karl24k

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread