Looking for MDing buddy or club in/near Lexington Park, MD

Silver Dollar

Jun 4, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280, Ace 250, Compass Gold Scanner
Brian I belong to a club called S.M.A.R.T you can email Brian at [email protected] or you can call Brian Shipman at 410-495-7642 we meet first Monday of every Month in Prince Frederick. I live in Calvert, don't know to much about St.Marys but willing to learn. Do you detect water or land or both.

Jim

Hodr

Jun 18, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Eclipse 5.3 Coil
Also new to the Lexington Park area, so you are not alone Jim.

I tried to post on the local southern maryland forums but didn't seem to get anywhere (posts end up getting flooded with juveniles cursing, demeaning, or otherwise fouling the threads).

I have sent an e-mail to Brian asking about the club, and look forward to attending a meeting where potentially we will be able to track down some others in our immediate area for some outings.

I don't know about you guys, but despite my interest, and my having purchased a good (at the time) detector more than 10 years ago, I have never been able to go out and metal detect in public because I had no one to go with, no local clubs, and not enough confidense to push against the somewhat draconian laws regarding metal detecting in the area I lived.

Heres hoping we can put something together.

-PS, my old as dirt detector is a Tesoro Bandito uMax.

LuvToHunt

Mar 16, 2009
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
White/Eagle Spectrum
I'm not new to the area and live in Oakville. I bought my Eagle Spectrum about ten years ago and have only used it only a few times here on my property years ago... also Myrtle Beach. I would very much like to learn to use this detector and hunt on my property.

The original farm was settled about two hundred years ago and my house is built almost on the same spot. I have found pieces of the foundation and the old caved in well. I found so much farm trash I gave up not knowing how to really use my metal detector.

If any of you are interested in hunting this property with me... that would be great!

Joan

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
HODR, did I ever resond to your email? I got one from somebody that I could not reply to due to some kind of security clearance????

Joan, shoot me an email, I'd love to come to your farm and hunt with you some time. I'm not familiar with White's machines but it couldn't hurt to try.

Jun 23, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (More)
hello
I am the president of the local club (Brian was, and still is the vice president) S.M.A.R.T.
I would be more than happy to go with you to show what I know of the white's detector. I have had one for many years and still own one. I use a minelab detector now but also have other units. There is alot of areas in Southern Maryland to detect. With the warmer weather and the farmers seeding their fields most of us in the club are moving our efforts to the water or beach, but we still hit a park or private yard as long as the ground stays soft.
We do meet the first Monday of each month in Prince Fredrick off Dares Beach Road and would love to have everyone here attend. You don't have to be a member to attend to see if it is something you would be interested in. It meets at the ELKs Lodge about .5 miles on the right once you turn on Dares Beach Road out of prince fredrick. Just past the SMECO building. Sits up a little from the road. It starts at 7pm, Monday so most people show up about 15 mins early.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions I can be reached through my site at treasuresearching.com or through my email at [email protected]

Hope to hear from everyone.
Thanks Bunker Hill

waltncindy

Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,
I too live in Southern Maryland (Draden area) and recently bought a Fisher F75. I used to hunt in VA when stationed there back in the 80's and found many nice things. I am just getting back into "Dirt Fishing" again and would like to know if there is a "Local" club here in St Mary's. I looked up the S.M.A.R.T. club and it seems like a nice club. Pretty far to travel but...

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions