Anyone into prospecting?

slomoe

Dec 24, 2008
Baltimore, Md.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one intrested in prospecting? Last year the last Saturday in July I went to Spring Valley Park in York, Pa and tried my hand at panning for gold. I did not find any, but others did. The flakes are very small about 1/64Th x 1/32ND. The park is owned by the county and from 9 til 2 you can pan, there are people there to show you how to pan and it is free. It is an annual event. Since that experience I have been accumulating prospecting equipment not much but some and reading up on it also. I am also looking for private land with streams, etc., to prospect. I may not find gold but I can gain practice so when I go to where the gold is found I'll know what to do. I live in the southeast area of Baltimore County. If you are interested in prospecting, let me know. Slomoe :coffee2:

Brendoodl

Feb 22, 2008
Slomoe,
I have never done it, but I always though it would be fun to try my hand at it. If you want someone to tag along I would be glad to go. I have looked into it and know of places but are owned by the state.

bountyhunter

Dec 8, 2005
Rising Sun, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett 550, Garrett Gold Scorpion, Bountyhunter 220
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. my name is chris and I did gold hunting in port deposit last year. Hardly no luck. I got a 30 inch sluice box and gold pan. Found me a small stream with big rocks in Pa that I can hardly wait to get to. Want to tag along thats good cause I need a partner. Let me know

OP
OP
S

slomoe

Dec 24, 2008
Baltimore, Md.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I went to Rock Run today near Washington D.C. I took my Gold N Sand hand pump. After putting some rocks into the bucket the pump worked well. Don't know if I found any gold, if I did it will only be micron or a small flake. I only went as far as the old crumbled green truck. Saw a small herd of young deer moving away from me, upon leaving I saw older deer moving away from me. I stopped at lock 8 of the C&D Canal. People use the area as an exercise area, jogging, walking and bike riding. Futher along MacAurthur Blvd. there is a Inn with tables outside also a lot of cars parked on the side of the road. Rather interesting I thought. It was great being outdoors today! slomoe :coffee2:

JasonHanscom

Jul 16, 2010
Columbia, MD
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I don't have any gold hunting equipment just my metal detector, I was thinking about investing in a pan etc to possibly go when I take a trip to missouri in march, but always interested in doing either MD'ing or panning.
Let me know,

Jason [email protected]

mblankenship15

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2010
I saw posted on here somewhere that several people knew a spot to pan in Maryland. I would like to see if anyone could maybe tell us where to go and then maybe get some equipment and try it out. I'm not opposed to taking trips though.

Chris819

Mar 9, 2013
MD
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i would like to try this also. I am in baltimore county area and would like to meet up with people also and try and find some gold. I am thinking about getting a gold pan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread