Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't look like we have any Mass members still swinging or that go out swinging.
I guess the Mass section is dead... RIP Mass! :usflag:

Last edited:

danjsargent

Jan 1, 2016
western MA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting isnt dead in Mass! Just impossible to get people together i guess! Im having a hard time in western mass. We need a club!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know guys on the cape/islands who are doing well, finding good old stuff. Beach hunters out there too. I myself am not really a club type of guy, usually hunt alone or with one or two friends, can't imagine hunting with a big group.

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Detecting isnt dead in Mass! Just impossible to get people together i guess! Im having a hard time in western mass. We need a club!

With 80+ views and nobody responding I had to type something. It was looking dead to me!
Western Mass had some activity but it all dropped off too. Have you looked for any clubs out there? I thought that someone posted something about one.

I know guys on the cape/islands who are doing well, finding good old stuff. Beach hunters out there too. I myself am not really a club type of guy, usually hunt alone or with one or two friends, can't imagine hunting with a big group.

The Cape is 1 1/2 hrs away from me and I didn't want to do beaches. I will agree that 1 or 2 people hunts would be fun and that is kind of what this post was meant to stir up. A group hunt would be fun for a party with seeded coins like a cookout, raffle, fundraiser or something like that.

HAPPYCAMPER

Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
MXT 300MM PISTOL PROBE FISKARS SPADE AND SHOVEL 12INCH,4X6 AND 8X6 SEF
XT600 TO GET THERE

BEST FIND TO DATE 1787 FUGIO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck no,me and hunting buddy are hardcore here in North Central Ma....he found GW button last year and I got my oldest coin in the 1600s...done tons of research and lots of history learned in last 5 years,we still find new sites with 10 miles of home base.Primarily old cellar holes,some on maps from 1700s..some not even on maps.We are looking forward to this year of detecting,was under the weather a bunch last year and doing a bit better.Been out a couple times already and now most snow gone so heading out again next week after this cold weekend...

Are there any people from Mass that go out detecting anymore? Most of these threads are 2+ years old and there is not any action going on in them.

HAPPYCAMPER

Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
XT600 TO GET THERE

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to add that towns out here arent as close as eastern Ma so clubs I guess are harder to get going...where I am its 20 miles either way to any decent sized city so we just do our thing and it keeps us busy...we have detected with others and fun to share the finds but we also do "A LOT" of hiking in to areas with our gear in backpacks and sometimes others arent into the effort as it can tire you out quick.

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck no,me and hunting buddy are hardcore here in North Central Ma....he found GW button last year and I got my oldest coin in the 1600s...done tons of research and lots of history learned in last 5 years,we still find new sites with 10 miles of home base.Primarily old cellar holes,some on maps from 1700s..some not even on maps.We are looking forward to this year of detecting,was under the weather a bunch last year and doing a bit better.Been out a couple times already and now most snow gone so heading out again next week after this cold weekend...

Just wanted to add that towns out here arent as close as eastern Ma so clubs I guess are harder to get going...where I am its 20 miles either way to any decent sized city so we just do our thing and it keeps us busy...we have detected with others and fun to share the finds but we also do "A LOT" of hiking in to areas with our gear in backpacks and sometimes others arent into the effort as it can tire you out quick.

Sounds like you have found some good finds, sites and have a ton of fun! Good to hear you are better and Spring is just around the corner so good luck to you out there.
Hiking and detecting sound like a ton of fun. Yes, you have to be in shape to do that but if you like hiking and biking, like I do, then it's two fun activities combined! Even though towns are close in Eastern Ma, it is tough to find people interested in detecting when you first start out. Thats kind of what I was looking into but maybe I shouldn't have put it in the club section.. well I was looking for people and clubs, if around, to help with some info.

Last edited:

HAPPYCAMPER

Aug 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
XT600 TO GET THERE

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually found my hunting buddy here on the forums.I will quietly say it wasnt this site but have been on here for years now and I do give a shout out to people I see from Ma a few times....we do run into other detectorists out in the woods every so often...all great people...we all got same passion to uncover the old relics.Im sure you will meet some great people in your area...took me awhile to find a buddy to hunt with and we have a good time if even just the 2 of us.

Sounds like you have found some good finds, sites and have a ton of fun! Good to hear you are better and Spring is just around the corner so good luck to you out there.
Hiking and detecting sound like a ton of fun. Yes, you have to be in shape to do that but if you like hiking and biking, like I do, then it's two fun activities combined! Even though towns are close in Eastern Ma, it is tough to find people interested in detecting when you first start out. Thats kind of what I was looking into but maybe I shouldn't have put it in the club section.. well I was looking for people and clubs, if around, to help with some info.

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually found my hunting buddy here on the forums.I will quietly say it wasnt this site but have been on here for years now and I do give a shout out to people I see from Ma a few times....we do run into other detectorists out in the woods every so often...all great people...we all got same passion to uncover the old relics.Im sure you will meet some great people in your area...took me awhile to find a buddy to hunt with and we have a good time if even just the 2 of us.

Thanks HC! I like to post on other MA posts too. I will keep at it and spring is just around the corner. Looking forward to getting out there.
Good luck!

SKEETSKEET508

Mar 20, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Southbridge and new to detecting. If any of you would like to meet up sometime to hunt together, hit me up. I could use the experience and maybe can learn from you seasoned people.

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in Southbridge and new to detecting. If any of you would like to meet up sometime to hunt together, hit me up. I could use the experience and maybe can learn from you seasoned people.

Welcome to the Forum and Detecting!
Looks like you got a very nice machine, a CTX, that will serve you well!
Check out the Minelabs section, tons of info for you there and watch as many videos on your unit as you can. It will help out a ton.
I am not a seasoned swinger yet, hope to be some day! Maybe we can setup something now that spring is here and it is finally nice out.
GL & HH!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the Forum and Detecting!
Looks like you got a very nice machine, a CTX, that will serve you well!
Check out the Minelabs section, tons of info for you there and watch as many videos on your unit as you can. It will help out a ton.
I am not a seasoned swinger yet, hope to be some day! Maybe we can setup something now that spring is here and it is finally nice out.
GL & HH!

Where abouts are you in Mass?

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Southbridge. Kinda southeastern mass

I looked on the map as I couldn't remember where Southbridge was and you are pretty much in Central Mass... Lil west of Worcester.

I do see some Mass members on the site but not a lot of activity in the Mass section. Do you have any good areas to hunt?

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll try to come to this section of TNet more often if people are going to start posting here again. I'm in the Merrimack Valley/North shore area. I generally hunt by myself or with one hunting buddy on occasion. I belong to Granite State Treasure Hunters Club and they do some club hunts a few times a year. I go out every single weekend at least once if I can. I posted my spring finds here if you are interested...got my first capped bust coin:

Good luck fellow MA hunters!

OP
OP
Stretch Da Truth

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for sharing some info and your finds.
I tried posting here when I joined but it didn't look like may people posted in this section anymore. Lots of old posts.
Guess most just post in the main section. I will try and put up some of my finds to share in this section.
I am just East of Worcester and hunt with my son or by myself.

Rod Rog

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am on MA/RI line in Swansea ma and I am looking to get more active now my two sons are grown and moved out. I am still young at 45. I really want someone who I can learn a few things from or learn together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread