Anyone Hunt Irish Hills Area??

robo

Aug 21, 2006
Wyandotte, MI.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Minelab 705, Tesoro Vaquero, And my Favorite, CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Other
Just this past year started camping on the weekends at Hayes State Park. ( Not interested in the Hassle of hunting the park) Haven't taken the detector out but am planning on it this year. Anyone hunt in the area? Looking for possibly someone to hunt with or maybe a tip or two where I could do some swinging at.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man I just drove through there today, and love the area. a lot of history around there. I live about 20 minutes from there and would love to detect but have no connections. I did hear that there are new owners of the Walker Tavern, would be worth looking into, message me if you are ever in the area maybe we can hook up for a hunt. Griff

craigv3

Jan 2, 2010
GRASS LAKE
Detector(s) used
Deus,Makro CF77, Minelab Etrac, Teknetics T2SE, 2 excel II's, and a Tigershark
I dont live too far from that area either....Only about 15 minutes. Let me know if you go out there this summer.....man that sounds good "summer"..

"Z"

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't live too far from there, first visited "mystery hill?" and "prehistoric forest" when I was about 3 yo; have only passed thru a couple times since then. Old 12 has a lot of historic homes thru there tho. ffd

OP
OP
robo

robo

Aug 21, 2006
Wyandotte, MI.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Minelab 705, Tesoro Vaquero, And my Favorite, CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Other
Went there as a kid for our "Sunday Drives" with the family. A LOT of that stuff is closed down now. I remember throwing coins off of the twin observation towers in the early 60's. Would love to be able to detect the base of those towers now. Unfortunately all gated and locked up. Plus the old Prehistoric Forest has long since been closed down. Miss those simple old days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread