Any Interest ???

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark. Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had coffee with Ray SS this morning. Talked a bunch about places to hunt this spring, also talked about finding others in our area who would like to get out. We decided to put up this posting and see who if any dirt fishers are from the St Clair County / thumb area. Is there any interest in forming a group or possibly even a club from this area. Yes we know there is other clubs but none from our area and with gas prices and all we would like to see something in our area. If you are interested please reply here or send me a PM.

OP
OP
goldhungry

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLLOOOOOO anybody out there??????

rusty nail

Aug 3, 2010
south eastern michigan
Detector(s) used
white's
sounds great ive been looking for md partners or clubs near by im from richmond area its between mt.clemens and port huron. im ready to get out and do some searching. ive been researching old areas all winter so yes i would like to get together with other dirt searcher. i think a club would be great idea and would be willing to help form one. give me a pm some time and will talk. THANKS

OP
OP
goldhungry

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rusty Nail, Ive left you a couple of PM's. Not sure if your getting them, if not send me your info so we can get together.

OP
OP
goldhungry

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay Clad 2 meet u, rusty nail, warthog, and Ray we need to set a date to meet up. I know my week this week is like incredably busy already but some evening would probably work. Let me know what everyone would like to do. Ps I am sending each one of you a pm with my contact number so we can get together. Ray you already have my number.

Rockhunter1620

Feb 1, 2012
S.E. Mi.
Detector(s) used
F-75 S.E.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know yer thread here is a yr. old but whomevers keepin track on it, I'm willin to travel and have some funding to do so. So I'm hopin someone if not ya'll are plannin any kind of a trip to the UP this yr. I'd love to be involved. I'm really interest in tryin to do some prospectin/detectin along or around the creeks and streams that feed the yellowdog river N. of Ishpenning where all the old Mi. gold mines are fer any flour, flake, nuggets or even some "float copper" specimens, or even some cool mineral specimens. And with enough advanced notice, required logistics (for myself anyway) can be planned and executed. So if you fellers are willin to invite a "new guy", please fill me in with a PM. I'm new to this forum, but not new to detectors and their use. I own 2 fisher F-75's SE's, w/2 additional accessory coils, a 5in.DD & a 15in.DD. And I'm workin on gettin a "Pulse Star 2" that comes with a standard 40in. coil and I want the additional 18in. hand held & the 80in. coils with it. Thats a P.I. machine capable of locating fist sized metalic objects, up to ten metres deep, through solid rock. (minelab's got nothin on the pulse star 2).....RH

OP
OP
goldhungry

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rockhunter, I was just happening by here and I saw your post. As it sometimes happens we never actually got any type of group together last year. I sent out some pm's to try and set something up but ended up with very limited response. We would still like to establish some type of group from the area that could get out on occasions and do some detecting. My wife and I are also into the hole gold prospecting thing. We are planning to go to the UP for the Michigan GPAA outing on Lake Superior this summer. For more information on that go michGPAA. Shoot me a pm and lets see if we can get together. Also anyone else from the Macomb, St Clair/ Sanilac county area interested post here or send a pm. As always Happy Hunting.

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some close by

here are some close by--
cooper1841 - fort gratiot mi -
rwalling2000 - fort gratiot mi -
nickeltabs - near marysville and richmond mi
goldhungry - Kimball. Mi - St Clair County
Ray S S - Kimball. Mi - St Clair County
rusty nail - richmond mi
Clad 2 meet u - Algonac mi

OP
OP
goldhungry

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nickletabs, I was still interested in putting together a group from this area. I had previously tried with the last three you have mentioned in your post. the only one that really ever contacted me back was ray. We should get together some time and see if there is any interest in a group thing.

CoinRanger

Greenie
Apr 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wtrclrz (Roger) from Richmond here. I'm interested in getting together with some guys and see what comes of it.

rwalling2000

Tenderfoot
Feb 26, 2013
Coshocton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your thread is old but was wondering if your still in the area and still interested in hearing from mders who live in the area, I live in Port Huron.

OP
OP
goldhungry

goldhungry

Jan 2, 2009
Kimball. Mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well a couple of us got together Saturday and had coffee, exchanged phone numbers and bounced some ideas off each other. We will see where it leads. Those that got invites and never responded you still can.

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a tip they just tore down a house on the corner at county line rd and st. clair hwy by Richmond and by the krogers - its all graded smooth, probbly a lot of junk and for sale now.
Jim

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rwalling2000 - fort gratiot mi -
nickeltabs - near marysville and richmond mi
goldhungry - Kimball. Mi - St Clair County
Ray S S - Kimball. Mi - St Clair County
rusty nail - richmond mi
Clad 2 meet u - Algonac mi

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am always ready to go. I Get out 3-4 times a week, hunted with nickeltabs, and had a good time, meet with goldhungry and Ray, hoping to get together with them soon. Been on here awhile, just not Mich. forum, live in Kimball. There are some good spots for a group hunt, without getting into the whole "in town park/beach" scene. Goldhungry, and Nickeltabs, you guys work to hard! Lol HH

nickeltabs

Feb 2, 2013
West Michigan, Holland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
1 Garrett Pro Pointer
1 Lesche Trowel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well guys , its another year maybe this is the year for a group get together

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How you been mister? I made it to the beach once already. Lets get together again. I talked to goldhungry last week, He is ready to go. I did some interesting research this Winter!!
Well guys , its another year maybe this is the year for a group get together

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread